Power of Love

Don't be a silent reader vote and tell me what you think!

Song: Celine Dion - The Power of Love

The pounding in my head woke me as I slowly blinked into consciousness. Strands of grass overpowered my vision, so I knew I was on the ground. The harsh smell of smoke and burning life assaulted my nostrils causing me to cough.

"She's awake get her up!" A rough voice yelled. The voice sent quivering shards of repulse down my spine.

Something gurgled and my eyes fully shot open in alarm. I recognized that sound. Where have I heard that sound before? I ran through my thoughts but all I was doing was drawing blanks. My brain was still on sleep mode and my entire body felt weakened. I couldn't push myself up even if I wanted to. By the chaos I heard and sensed around me though, I would rather stay on the ground and not face the inevitable for as long as I could.

That wish went ungranted when two rough hands grabbed me, yanking me up. The action was so fast and aggressive that I nearly got whiplash. One moment I was sprawled on the ground, the next I was being pulled to my feet.  I started to fall barely able to hold myself up...and I did, falling back into the ground, face first. A crowd laughed and I knew I was surrounded by a group. My body felt heavy and I groaned pathetically into the grass.

"Pull her up again and this time make sure she's able to hold herself up," the same voice growled. The amusement was clear in the baritone voice but the cruel threat to the creatures who had let me fall the first time were not lost on me.

I was grabbed by my hair, a different hand wrapping around my arm. I locked onto red eyes, sucking in a breath of sharp air.

Dynoats

The Dynoat human looking creature grinned, its wolfish smile showcasing sharp, jagged teeth. The leader of the group stepped closet to me.  "Hello darling. Can I ask what your name is?"

I glared in response.

My head was knocked backwards. Agony screamed from the tip of my nose all the way to my forehead from the force of his punch. Groaning, I fell forward only to be saved by the two beasts holding me up. Seconds later I felt warm blood began to trickle down my nose. He had punched me. The fucker had punched me and probably broke my nose if the throbbing pain had anything to say about it.

"I asked you little vile creature what is your name!?"

"Helena," I grunted out angrily and was immediately rewarded with a smack that sent my head snapping to the side. The sting flared across the entire right side of my face. I clenched from the burning pain.

"Liar. I'll ask you one last time before I just give you to the lapdogs to get answers out of you." I was breathing deeply now, grinding my teeth together. I wanted to scream, I wanted to kick him in his groin, I wanted to spit in his face but I couldn't do anything. Whatever had happened to me after I had passed out had obviously been grueling because now I felt fatigued and tired. Dozens of these creatures surrounded me so I was severely outnumbered.

My hair had been knocked out of its ponytail so now most of it was lying messily in my face. I scanned the area and wanted to recoil with disgust as I laid eyes on what that beast called lap dogs.

They were tall, lanky creatures that hovered off the ground. Under them was grass, dead and black as night. All of their eyes were locked onto me with an animalistic hunger that gave me shivers. Blood dribbled down the corner of one of the savage's mouth and I felt like throwing up then and there.

Libby and Simon were a few feet behind the man, laying limply on the ground. Lilly was tossed over Simon like they were nothing, like two pieces of discarded trash. That thought made my blood boil as I continued to gaze around at the disaster I once knew as Terra. Smoke drifted from behind the tree lines as a chaotic mess could be heard all around. People screaming and the sounds of obvious battle were going on right after this tree line. I couldn't even see the lavender sky because it was blanketed by a cover of dense smoke. The more I looked around the more I begin to pale.