Moving

Song: Heather Headley - In My Mind

I'll always be his girl, were the last words I heard before my eyes slowly opened.

The light sound of rain hitting against my window woke me from a dejected dream. Even in my dreams, I couldn't have him. It had basically been the same dream with my parents except Ike was in there too and he just stared at me blankly as the darkness took all of them away.

The real world and my dreams tormented me. Shakily, I wrapped my hands around my knees, scooting them to my chest, gazing out the large window at the soaked scenery.

I realized that my face was tear streaked and still slightly wet. My sleeved wrist slowly came up and wiped the wet residue from my face while an anguish sigh faded from my mouth. I must have been crying in my sleep, I didn't even know that was possible.

The spirit in me was crushed and I didn't feel like doing anything else except wallowing in my own misery. The pain ached unbearably.

Adapt, adapt, adapt, I chanted to myself, but I knew I just couldn't do it. Not this time. Laying back down, I gazed dully at the ceiling. I once heard blue was suppose to have a calming effect and heal pain. Now I knew that was a lie because the pain hurt all over, and it wasn't being relieved. I pulled the covers up over my shoulders and turned to the window. The waterworks had started again, and I begin to cry silently just wanting to disappear and forgot about everything.

"Knock, knock, knock!"

The bedroom door slammed open, making me jump from under the safety  of the covers. Even though I already knew who it was by the patronizing voice, I just didn't have enough energy to give them a reaction, but I did make sure I wiped my tears away. She did not need to know I had been crying.

"Moving time!" She sung happily and this time I did use some energy. Pushing my covers down, I sat up staring at Belladonna who looked like she was on top of the world. Her deep blue eyes stared at me smugly, hands placed on her hips. Ike trailed in a few seconds later. I didn't look at him though, knowing I would probably break down into another round of tears if I did, so instead I kept my eyes on the bitch.

"What do you want?" I hissed, glaring at her with as much loathing as I could muster.

She chuckled at my attempt. "Aw, cheer up sweetie and what do I want? Hmm, well it's nothing I won't get I can tell you that." She walked over to me, scanning my room as she did so, mumbling to myself. "You're moving out today."

I just stared at her, unblinking. Frozen. Shocked. "What?"

"You're moving out." She said more slowly, giving me a look that basically said she had won. I didn't care though.

"You have to be kidding me!" I hissed, my eyes glinting feeling a little bit of my fire starting up. Not enough to do any damage, but enough to stand up for myself a little bit.

"I'm not. You're too close to Ike and me, I don't like it. I want you out of this room."

Mist appeared in the doorway, stomping in with fury probably hearing what was going on. "Belladonna!" She called.

Belladonna whipped her head to Mist, annoyance danced on her face. "What?" Belladonna gazed at Mist, frowning.

"You can't do that beca-"

"Actually I can." She smirked at the deer in headlights face Mist made. "Because I'm the princess now, I'm moving in with Ike and she's moving away from us. If I can't get her out the house then I can get her out of this corridor. I even got Zotar's blessing." She humphed, turning back to me.

"No, I'm not moving out." I glared at her, pushing the covers off of me, forgetting that I only had my bra and panties on. But seriously who cared, it was like wearing a bikini so I could care less at this moment.

She crossed her arms. "Yes you are, since I'm princess," she emphasized, throwing the fact in my face, "that means I get to call the shots, right Ike babe?" She turned to Ike expectantly. We all stared at Ike waiting for his answer and avoiding my eyes, he nodded mutely.

My heart felt like it had been stomped on when he agreed with her.

"No, that's not right", Mist argued being the only in the room who was sticking up for me. I loved her.

"Who cares, it's what I want", Belladonna shrugged, not caring about Mist's opinion.

"You're such a bitch!" I exclaimed, feelings all my options crumbling right before my eyes. This wasn't funny anymore. Why was she trying to kick me while I was already down? Why was she being so cruel for no apparent reason except for her hatred against me? I was losing so bad, and she just kept pushing at me.

"Takes one to know one." She rebutted.

"Oh, I know I'm one. I can admit it slore."

Her eyes glinted and then she smirked superior. "Whatever, you're still out of here."

"No, I'm not." I crossed my arms defiantly. "You'll have to drag me out kicking and screaming."

Her loud laughter filled the room, each laugh feeling like a blade that cut sharply into me. "I was actually hoping you would say that. I need some good entertainment this morning. Boys!" She called.

Both Mist and my mouth dropped when two of the watchmen came in. I looked at Ike hoping that he would do something, but his eyes wouldn't meet mine. I bit back tears.

While I was still in my trance, one of the guys grabbed onto my arm and I let out a shocked and pain squeal. It hurt. Before I had time to react, I was thrown over his shoulder. My stomach painfully collided with his rock shoulders and the wind was knocked out of me. I grunted, clenching my teeth.

"You bitch, whore, slut!" I called to Belladonna as they carried me out, knowing my words were the only real power I had now. She simply smiled at me waving bye.

I turned my loathing stare to Ike who was still looking blankly at the floor with his arms crossed. "Ike, I hate you, you, you coward!" My voice broke at the end. I let my head fall against the guy's back, my cries amplified. "I hate you!" I yelled through my tears, just wanting to him know. "I hate you Ike!" I yelled louder but quickly crumbled against the guy's back letting out a small cry. A hand latched to mine, and I looked down to see Mist looking at me teary eyed. She looked at me apologetically and I shook my head at her. She had no reason to apologize. I would get through this, I knew I would. Alone. Just like I got through everything else in my life. Alone.

VOTE

COMMENT

FEEDBACK

ADD TO LIBRARY!