Hi there, Destiel

Dean felt sick, not sick as in he caught a bug sick, but more of a I-have-an-uneasy-and-bad-feeling sick. A big reason for this was the text he had just received.

Samoose: We're going to the lake house this weekend, no argument, the old gang is finally getting back together.

Now this wouldn't have made him feel nervous before, in fact he would of been happy, but now he would have to spend the weekend near Cas while pretending he didn't have feelings for the blue eyed angel anymore.

Impala67: Who else is coming?

Samoose: I dunno, Gabriel is getting in touch with some of our old friends, and most of the Novak's will be there.

Impala67: Will Charles be there? God I've missed her, and Alfie, Garth and Kevin.

Samoose: Don't forget our cousin, Adam, remember him? Or did you forget we had more family?

Impala67: Of course I didn't forget him, Bitch

Samoose: Jerk

Dean chuckled at Sam's reply, glad to hear, or at rather see him, acting more like himself. Then a new message came through, this one had a familiar username, but different number than he remembered.

CasBee: Hello Dean, I believe that we are to spend a few days at the lake and I just wanted to ask if you needed a ride or if you can drive again

Dean read the text several times, smiling at the familiar tone of text as he quickly taps out a reply.

Impala67: I'm fine to drive, I guess I'm taking Sammy, Gabriel and Lisa

CasBee: Oh Okay, in that case do you mind if I ride with you? It'll be more sensible than taking a car alone.

Dean blushed without even really knowing why, but at the same he could feel the atmosphere of awkwardness surrounding their conversation.

Impala67: Course not Cas

There was a delay in a reply, then;

CasBee: Thank you Dean
CassBee: How are you Dean?
Dean was surprised that Car was trying to keep a conversation up, even if it was stilted and awkward.

Impala67: Good, aside from the leg and the whole recovering from a car accident

CasBee: Its funny how stuff like that can affect your good mood

Dean snorted in disbelief, had that been an attempt at a joke? From Cas?

A warm feeling filled his stomach as he continued texting Cas, feeling happier than he had in a while as they started talking easier.

An hour later and they were still talking when Cas asked something that made Dean grin widely.

CasBee: Do you want to meet up? Catch up in person?

Impala67: There's a small cafe near me if that suits, we could meet there if you want too

Dean was surprisingly nervous as he waited for Cas' answer.

CasBee: I'd love to, meet you there in 20?

Impala67: Sure thing Cas

With that, Dean grabbed his crutches and quickly checked to make sure he looked okay to be in public, the last thing he wanted was to go out looking like Death warmed up.