A Supernatural Christmas

It was snowing heavily, that Christmas Eve. The white flakes twirling around in the stormy grey sky, blanketing the world in a heavy, white sheet of cold. Castiel, Ben and Dean were in their warm kitchen, cutting out Christmas cookies. Ben, excited about the upcoming visit from Santa, was decorating his with zero chill, coating them in thick layers of sprinkles, icing and chocolate drops. 

It was the perfect, happy, domestic Christmas Eve. Something Dean thought he would never get to experience. Now, he kisses Castiel softly, before plying the sprinkles out of his son's chubby hands with a chuckle. It was... perfect. 

"Where are my gays at?" A loud voice accompanies the slam of the front door being thrown open. 

Dean suppresses an annoyed groan as Lucifer, Michael, Gabe and Sam all come into the kitchen. Sam and Michael weren't so bad, at least they were quiet. It was Lucifer and Gabriel that worried Dean, he had barely recovered from the time they had almost set his house on fire during Thanksgiving. 

"Uncle Sammy! Uncle Luci..." Ben took a moment to get Castiel to lift him down from the stool. "Uncle Mikey and Gabey!!" Ben wobbly ran over to his Uncles, grinning widely as Sam lifted him up for a hug. 

"Hey there kiddo, what have you been up to?" Dean noticed that Sam was doing a great job of ignoring the hand that was now tugging his hair. Gabriel was such a child. 

"We make cookies!" Ben squirms in his Uncle's grip, pointing at the cookies resting on the kitchen counter.

"Cookies?" Gabriel's eyes light up, "I need sugar."

"No, you aren't eating the damn cookies, they're for tomorrow." Dean flicks the tea towel at Gabriel's hands. "Sammy, keep your husband under control."

"Gabriel, don't you have like, an entire stash of candy canes in the car?" 

"How he isn't fat is a mystery," Dean shakes his head as the fully grown - very short - adult sprints out to the car. "Anyone want a hot chocolate?"

Charlie, Jess, Balthazar, Crowley and Meg soon turn up. The large group of friends and family move to sit in the lounge, where a fire crackled merrily. This, Dean thought, was what Christmas meant. 

He looks over at Castiel, who was staring into the flickering flames of the fire. His blue eyes reflected the bright flames, and his face was... content. Castiel had been getting better lately, it finally seemed like he and Dean might finally be making some progress. Dean was just glad that Cas was feeling happier these days. He hated not being able to cheer his boyfriend up.

Lucifer was sitting on the floor, talking gibberish with Ben. "Is Santa coming tonight? Have you been a good boy?"

Ben stares at Lucifer, chewing his thumb absently. "Satan coming!"

Lucifer pales, looking up at an angry Dean. "No, no Santa, not Satan."

"Satan is coming, Satan!" Ben giggles, chanting this over and over.

"Lucifer, what have you done?" Dean watches in horror as his son continues to chant the wrong name.

"I didn't do anything!" Lucifer's eyes are wide.

Dean grabs his son. "Ben, no."

Ben looked up at his father, grinning. "Satan bring presents!"

"No... Santa will bring you presents."

Ben is silent for a moment, staring up at him. Then, "Santa, Santa, Santa!" He wriggles down from Dean's knee and starts running around the room.

Dean sighs, standing up to go stop his son from destroying the house. Lucifer stands up too, which is followed by Gabriel laughing so hard, he falls off his seat.

"Mistletoe." Is all he says when he notices how everyone is staring at him.

Dean groans, looking up to see that, sure enough, he and Lucifer were standing under Mistletoe. "No."

Lucifer pouts. "What's wrong, Deano, can't handle the devil?"

Dean simply stares at him. Then, with a smirk, he pushes Lucifer over, so that the devil landed in Sam's lap. Sam immediately goes bright red and shoved Lucifer off, and the disgruntled man lands face first in Ben's abandoned applesauce.

"Oops." Dean steps over the groaning Satan, 'accidentally' stepping on his arm and grabbing Ben as he runs past. "Okay buddy, I think it's time for bed for you."

"No!" Ben struggled in Dean's arms.

"Do you want Santa to visit?" Dean keeps a firm grip on the wriggling boy.

Ben keeps up his struggles for a moment longer, before reluctantly stopping, frowning. "Yes."

Dean grins, "well then, maybe you should get some sleep."

Leaving the rest of the group in the living room, Dean takes Ben upstairs to get ready for bed. He was sure that they wouldn't get into any trouble for the ten minutes he was gone. Of course, he should have realised that having Gabriel and Lucifer together in the same room could only spell trouble.

Still, as he walked back down the stairs, he instantly regretted leaving the group alone.

Lucifer sat on the fridge as Dean walked into the kitchen. He held eggs in his hands, and appeared to be covered in what appeared to be mustard.

"What the actual fuck is going on?" Dean steps forward, and is immediately covered in something freezing cold. "Why... why am I covered in snow?"

"Merry Christmas!" Lucifer proceeds to pelt him with his stash of eggs.

Gabriel ran into the room, throwing slices of bread at Lucifer. He was shouting something unintelligible.

Shaking his head, Dean leaves the room before he gotten covered in anything else. Sam was sitting in the living room, looking completely done with everything.

"Sammy... why are you letting your husband destroy my house?"

Sam looks up slowly, "I tried to stop them."

Shaking his head, Dean walked out to the back door. Castiel was standing on the back deck, staring out over the backyard.

"Hey, do you know that your brothers are destroying our house?"

Cas smiles faintly, glancing at Dean and he joined him at the deck railing. "I try my best to ignore them."

Dean sighs, watching as the snow flakes flutter down around them. It was so calm and peaceful out here, he could almost forget everything that had ever happened to them. "We made it through another year."

Castiel makes a small noise of agreement. "It feels like sometimes the year goes by far too fast, like you could blink and miss everything."

"I promise you, the years aren't going by that fast," Dean wrapped an arm around Cas. "I honestly can't believe how much has happened over these past few years, I'm just... I'm glad we're here, now, together."

Castiel leaned his head against Dean's shoulder. "I love you, De."

Dean smiled, feeling as though from here their lives could only go up. "I love you too."

"Lucifer you derp!" A voice shrieked from inside.

"Oh jesus, our family is weird." Dean shakes his head. "I'm really not looking forward to tomorrow."

Castiel laughs softly, "I'm sure we'll be okay... maybe."

~~~~~~~~
Gah okay I'm sorry, this is... a mess lol, but I wanted to write a Christmas chapter and its... 11:30pm on Christmas Eve my time, so this has pretty much been written entirely on my phone!

Merry Christmas to those of you that celebrate it!!