Jealous

Sam held Gabe's hand as they sprawled out in the back seat of the impala. Dean was driving (of course) and was, for once, not humming along to his music. Cas was sitting awkwardly in the passenger seat, casting mournful looks at Dean every now and again.

Sam was still worried about Dean after the whole breakdown thing, but Dean claimed he'd be okay and there wasn't much else Sam could do for his older brother.

All in all, the car ride was filled with tense energy, and awkward. So, so awkward. Sam just couldn't wait to escape it, even though that would mean saying goodbye to his brother until the holidays.

Gabe sighed and nuzzled into Sam's shoulder, fast asleep and oblivious to the front seat awkwardness.

Sam looks out the window and frowns at the passing scenery, he hoped his brother would be okay.

~~

"Right, that's you all ready to go then," Dean smiled painfully at his little brother, shutting the boot of Sam's car carefully.

"Yeah, uh take care then I guess," Sam waved awkwardly, because that seemed to be the mood for the day.

"C'mere bitch," Dean mutters, pulling Sam in for a hug.

Surprised, Sam hugs his brother back. "Jerk."

Smiling, Dean steps back and slaps Sam's shoulder before turning to Gabriel.

Gabe had decided he really wanted to go with Sam, so he was currently shoving his big bag of candy into the back seat for the ride to Standford.

"Hey, shorty, take care of my brother alright?"

Gabe nodded, grinning ear to ear, "don't worry Deano, I'll take extra good care of him." Then, with an eyebrow wriggle at a disturbed looking Dean, Gabriel climbs into the passenger seat.

"Bye Dean," Sam said, smiling sadly as he gets into the drivers seat.

Seconds later Dean is left standing there watching the car drive away until it was out of view.

~~

Sam let his head drop against the wheel as Gabe ran into the petrol station on yet another candy run. This was the fifth time the shorty had made them stop in the last 7 hours, and despite being so close to their motel for the night, Gabe had still begged Sam to stop.

'We could always just throw him out onto the side of the road,' Sam mused, smirking to himself as he began amusing himself to fill the silence.

'Nah, he's too cute, look at that adorable grin,' Sam looks through the service station's glass front to see Gabriel grinning widely, bags of candy in his hand.

Then he noticed, with a note of jealously, that the attendant looked like he as flirting with Gabe. Furrowing his brows at the scene, Sam decided there wasn't any need for him to go in there.

But then again, Gabe was taking ages... and that attendant looked way too friendly. Jealousy flared up in his chest and Sam was out of the car before he was really aware of what he was doing.

Hurrying into the station. Sam immediately spots Gabriel near the checkout, bags of lollies in his arms as he talks to the attendant.

Yeah, that man was definitely flirting with his trickster. 'Hell no,' Sam thinks angrily, trying to keep his face devoid of his jealousy.

"Gabe," Sam says in a surprisingly calm voice.

"Sammy!" Gabriel looks oddly relieved as he smiles at Sam.

Sam moves to stand closer to Gabe, leaving barely any space between them as he eyes the man.

Gabriel leaned into his arm as he narrowed his eyes subtly at the stranger.