Red faced

Jess and Liv were on their fourth date. They'd done Luke's, the cinema, picnic by the bridge, and now they were sat under the gazebo, eating food Jess had taken from Luke's, and some ice cream from Doose's.

They weren't boyfriend and girlfriend, so they told everyone. They were...friends...who happened to date.

Liv was sat with her back against the bench, her legs crossed in front of her. Jess was sat opposite her, sat with one leg outstretched in front of him and holding the other to his chest.

"So, Lorelai and Luke seem to be getting closer," Jess told her, smirking.

"They're so obvious, aren't they! He's liked her for years, I don't understand why it took them so long to figure it out!" Liv exclaimed, laughing.

"He's crazy for her," Jess shook his head.

"Wouldn't it be kind of weird though?" Liv asked hesitantly.

"What do you mean?" Jess asked.

"Well, if they went out, and, I don't know, got married in the future, wouldn't that make us step cousins? I know we wouldn't be blood related, but...it might seem strange. And if they had a kid...its sister's boyfriend would be it's cousin," Liv rambled.

"Relax, it would be fine, I guess," Liv shrugged, "is that what I am to you? Your boyfriend?" Jess grinned.

Liv felt the heat rise to her cheeks, and the red stained her cheeks, "Well, I just meant that maybe..."

"Liv," he said, "I would love to be your boyfriend," he grinned.

"Good," she smiled. They sat in silence, unsure of what to do next. The food was gone, coffee was cold, "we should probably tidy this up," Liv suggested, getting to her feet.

Jess followed her, nodding his head. Just as he was about to bend down to get the bag of rubbish, Liv grabbed his arm, and put her hand on his shoulders. They stood, looking into each other's eyes, before Liv reached up and met his lips with her. They stood there for a few minutes, kissing under the gazebo, until Liv pulled away, flustered.

"I should take this rubbish," she muttered.

"Ok," Jess said, composing himself, "Do you want me to walk you back?"

"No I should be fine," she smiled.

"Ok."

Liv turned away, and walked down away from the gazebo.

"Liv!" He called, "I'll see you in the morning?"

"Sure," she smiled back to him.

When she got home, she was met with her mom and sister sitting eagerly on the sofa.

"How was it?" Lorelai asked.

"What did you do?" Rory, this time.

"Did you kiss?" Lorelai gasped.

"Did he walk you home?" Rory squeaked.

"But did you kiss?" Lorelai repeated.

"Woah, calm down Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum!" Liv laughed, sitting between them, "we just went to the gazebo, and no he didn't take me home because I told him not to."

"But did you kiss?" Lorelai repeated.

"Maybe," Liv smiled.

"That's a yes, that's clearly a yes!" Rory gasped.