It's Not Fair

Luke dropped his cloth and ran to this diner's phone. He quickly dialled Lorelai's number, "guess who's back."

"Backstreet?" Lorelai's voice asked.

"Dean," he said.

"No way!" Lorelai gasped, "was he alone? Did he look like he'd been in hiding for these past 4 years? He so had a perm didn't he."

"He looks like Dean," Luke deadpanned.

"Oh. What am I meant to do?" Lorelai asked.

"Well does Rory know?"

"I don't know...contrary to popular belief I'm not actually psychologically linked to my daughters," Lorelai sighed.

"Never mind, I'll ask her myself," Luke grumbled, hanging up after saying, "love you."

————————————————

Jess grabbed a few of Liv's favourite chocolate bars and dropped them in his basket with her magazines. He went round the corner and walked smack bang into something rock hard. He looked up and rolled his eyes, trying to walk around.

"You're not gonna apologise?" Dean asked him, tauntingly.

"Sorry," Jess shrugged.

"Wow, not one witty remark about my height?"

"For a tall guy you haven't grown up, have you?" Jess sighed, putting his basket on the till.

"Says the guy who hasn't outgrown his leather jacket yet."

"Go away Dean. You're annoying me," Jess looked at him, bored, handing the money to the cashier and walking out with his shopping.

Logan and Rory were walking down the street and noticed Jess' annoyed look, "don't go in there," he said, pointing to Doose's, "also don't tell Taylor I told you not to go in there; he'll have me publicly drawn and quartered for shooing away business."

"Why not? And did you just say shooing?" Logan asked, confused and amused.

"Why not execute me?" Jess joked, "let's just say it'd be an awkward reunion. And also, I don't know. I won't be saying it again, though."

"Why who's there?" Rory asked.

"Let's see: tall, weird floppy hair, giant, name rhymes with drama queen and spleen," Jess drawled.

Rory gasped, "no way! I thought he moved out of town?"

"He's visiting? I don't know, we didn't really have time for small talk," Jess shrugged, walking off, "See you guys."

Logan put his arm around Rory's shoulders, "I really need to go in there," Rory sighed.

"To see him?"

"No, I want ice cream," Rory moaned.

"Maybe he's not even in there anymore," Logan suggested.

"I'll go in. Will you wait out here?" Rory asked.

"As long as you promise not to run away with him," he teased her.

"I promise," she smiled, kissing him and walking to the shop.

Dean was stood at the checkout and Rory froze for a moment, finding her ability to walk and function when dean looked in her direction.

He spotted her and walked over, "hey Rory."

"Dean," she smiled, "how are you?"

"I'm good," he said, "you?"

"Great," she smiled, "I heard you ran into Jess. Must've been awkward."