Parenting

Liv walked out of the living room holding Ava, into her sister's kitchen.

Rory was leaning against the sink, washing a plate.

"Hey, Aunty Rory," Liv said in a higher voice, bouncing Ava slightly.

Rory grinned and walked to her sister, kissing Ava, and looking up at her sister, "what do you think then?"

"She's great," Liv nodded, "Have you had her file yet?"

"They emailed it through ten minutes ago," Rory nodded.

"Have you read it?"

Rory shook her head, "I think me and Logan will read it tonight."

"What if something bad has happened to her, Ror?" Liv said.

"That's what I'm scared of," Rory shrugged a little.

They walked back into the front room, and Ava began crying. Jess gestured for Liv to pass her to him, and he grabbed a bottle out of their bag.

"Jess, man, we have milk here you could have used," Logan said, confused but amused.

"Not this milk," Jess laughed.

"Oh, do you use condensed milk or something then?" He asked, obliviously.

The other three began laughing, and Alex looked at Logan in disbelief.

"Dude, it's not condensed milk," Jess said.

"Ok, what's funny?" Logan asked, purely confused.

"It's breast milk," Alex smirked, putting him out of his misery.

"Oh," Logan exclaimed, "of course it is."

"Yeah, just let us know if you have any of that lying around before we come next time," Liv winked.

"Alright, shut up," Logan grumbled, "I thought everyone used formula nowadays."

Jess shrugged, "I guess that makes us old fashioned then."

"We'd better get going now. Ava's gotta go to sleep soon," Liv said, standing up. She hugged Rory, thanking her and then Logan. She then turned to Alex, smiling at her before pulling her in for a light hug, "welcome to the family," she winked.

Alex looked down, a little awkward, but smiled back to her slightly.

They got into the car and Jess started driving, Liv began rummaging through the CD cases before they began driving.

"Green Day?" Liv asked.

Ava made a noise in the back seat, sort of between a squeal and a gurgle.

Jess and Liv laughed, "the baby has spoken," Jess shrugged.

"Good baby," Liv grinned, putting the CD on.

Rory closed the door as they drove off, and turned to Alex, "it's late so you can go to bed if you want?"

"Sure," Alex shrugged.

"Look, we want to make you feel comfortable, so I just wanted to say that this is your home now," Rory said.

"Ok," Alex nodded, before walking upstairs.

Rory sighed, before walking into the living room where Logan was sat at the computer.

"You ready?" He asked her, clicking on Alex' file.

"I don't know," Rory confessed.

Their faces fell at what they read.