Let's Go Get You Back Your Man

Liv woke up with her head on Jess' chest to the sound of Ava crying. They had been home for a week now, and Ava had been awake for pretty much all of it. She shut her eyes, hoping Ava would stop, but sighed when she didn't.

Jess began to stir as Liv sat up, and he grabbed her hand, "I'll get her," he said, his voice rough.

"No, baby, I've got it," she kissed his hand before setting it on the bed and walking to the next room.

Liv picked her up from her cot and sat in the rocking chair with her, shushing her softly.

As Ava's cries settled down, Liv gazed around the room, smiling.

One Week Ago....

Jess pulled up outside their house, as Liv looked up at it frowning, "it's not gonna be ready for ages. Where are we meant to sleep? And Ava? It'll take ages to build the bed and crib, it won't be done tonight!"

Jess shrugged, "let's just go and see what we're working with."

Liv sighed, "ok."

They got out of the car and Jess grabbed Ava's car seat. He walked to where Liv was and she leant down to speak to Ava.

"Hey, baby girl. This is gonna be your new house. It's not ready yet, but soon it will, and you're gonna love it," she whispered.

"Come on," Jess smiled, leading her in.

"It's a good job it's just around the corner from mom and Luke," Liv mused as Jess unlocked the door.

"Yeah, at least we know there will always be a babysitter nearby," Jess teased.

"Oh shush," Liv laughed, "your mom and TJ loved seeing her, though, didn't they?"

"Yeah," Jess nodded, walking in.

Liv stopped and gasped, "who did this?"

The front room had been painted a soft magnolia, with light brown couches, a dark brown carpet and a TV set up in the corner.

"Oh, surprise," a voice said from behind. Liv turned to see Logan, "damn, your mom and Luke wanted to be down here when you got back."

"Don't curse in front of little ears!" Liv scolded, "but thank you. This looks amazing."

"It's no problem. It was all Luke's idea," Logan told her, "they're out in the garden with Rory, the boys and your grandparents."

Liv raised an eyebrow, "my grandparents are here?"

"That's why they weren't in when we called at theirs on the way back from the hospital," Jess guessed.

"Come on, let's go and see everyone," Liv grinned.

She walked out into the garden which had a large patio area and a similar sized area of grass.

Emily, Lorelai and Rory were sat talking around the table they hadn't long ago built, and Richard and Luke were at the barbecue cooking burgers. Well, Luke was, anyway.

"Liv!" Emily exclaimed, "we're so happy for you! Where is she? I want to meet her!"

"Hi Grandma," Liv chuckled, leaning down to picked up Ava out of the car seat, "here she is."

"Oh, she's beautiful. What's her name?" Emily grinned.

"We want everyone to be here when we announce the name," Jess said.