Wedding Speeches

Jess:

It's been clear that Uncle Luke and Lorelai have been madly in love since I got to Stars Hollow. I remember telling Olivia on our fourth date that it was clear they liked each other. Now look where we all are. Both of us with a Gilmore Girl. And I still can't figure out who's crazier.

I owe a lot to Luke. He took me in when I was a stupid teenager who hated the world. Now I see the world through different eyes and, my God this is so cheesy, and now my world is him, and Olivia, and Lorelai, and Liz TJ and Doulah and Rory and so many people that I wouldn't have met if it weren't for him.

And Lorelai, she's been amazing to me. Yeah, she thought I was just some James Dean wannabe who was gonna break her daughters heart, but now, well I'm guessing she sees me differently, but I'm not going to jinx it.

Anyway, Luke, Lorelai, congratulations on your second marriage, and — erm — may your life be filled with joy, and erm, yeah. Thanks everyone.

Richard:

I'd just like to congratulate my beautiful daughter and my son-in-law on their marriage. I know this is a day that my wife and I have been imagining a very long time, so this has been an amazing day for the both of us, and we hope it has been for you all too.

Everybody, please, take a moment to raise your glasses to the happy couple. To Luke and Lorelai!

Olivia:

Hi. I'm not very good at this (god that was so cliche) so it's going to be short and sweet from *hiccup* me. Rory's the one who does speeches, not me. And also I've already had quite a few drinks, so anything could come out, so I apologise in advance.

So, as Jess said, it's been obvious that my mother and Luke have been head over heels for each other since we got to Stars Hollow. Even through all of their partners and fiancés (my dad, Max, Jason, Nicole...and I can't remember any other of Luke's girlfriends) they were still truly, madly, deeply in love with each other. And I couldn't ask for anyone better for my mom. Because she's amazing, and deserves someone like Luke.

So congratulations. And I'm expecting a brother or sister anytime soon. No pressure.

Rory:

So, hi everyone. I, unlike my sister, am completely sober, so I know exactly what I'm about to say.

My mom raised us alone. My dad left us when I was young, so it was me, Liv and mom. And then, slowly, it was natural for us to see like every morning, to have Thanksgiving at the diner with him, to go to festivals with him. Even before he was with my mom he may as well have been our dad anyway.

And then when they got together, we were the happiest people alive. I mean, hello free food! But, anyway, he made our mom happy. Happier than anyone had ever made her before. And that made us happy.

They've been through a lot. But even after all of that, they're still going strong, and that can give anyone hope, that everything will be ok.

Now we're complete. We're a family. That's all we ever wanted, because even though we were perfectly happy, just the three of us, now we're complete. Thank you Luke, and you Jess, for completing us.

Short chapter, but these are just the speeches from the last chapter. Will update the next proper chapter Saturday maybe? Going to watch Gilmore Girls now, bye! Xoxo