STORY 2: 10 years later

The alarm woke Jess and Liv up at 7:30. And by the alarm, I mean the 4 year old boy who was jumping up and down on their bed shouting at them to get up in his excitable voice.

"Alright, little monster, I'm getting up," Jess laughed, throwing him over his shoulder, setting him down outside the bedroom door, "go downstairs and sit at the table with your sisters and me and mommy will come down and make your breakfast in 5 minutes."

Jess walked back in and closed the door, following Liv as she walked into their en suite bathroom. Liv splashed water on her face and caught Jess' eye in the mirror. She turned around and he pulled her to him by her waist.

"Morning, baby," he said.

"Good morning. How are you this morning?" She asked, winding her arms around his neck.

"I'm very well," he smiled, kissing her, "so I reckon we've got 10 minutes before they come looking for us," he said, kissing her neck.

"You told James we'd be 5 minutes," Liv laughed.

"He can't tell the time. Neither can Ava or Jessica," Jess shrugged, picking her up and setting her on the counter, "and it's not like we need to undress. I'm in my boxers, you're in a T-shirt, pretty sure we can literally do it in less than 10 minutes."

As his hands teased her underwear she sighed heavily, "fine, but be quick."

"Mom, dad, we're hungry and it's been 5 minutes!" A little voice called through the door.

Jess groaned and buried his head in her shoulder.

"Okay, honey! Daddy's just helping me find my toothbrush!" Liv called.

"Is that code for having sex?" Their middle child asked.

Jess swung the door open, "what did you say?"

"Having sex," Jessica repeated.

"Who told you that sweetie?" Liv asked, trying not to laugh.

"Alex. I walked into her room when I stayed at Auntie Rory's house and she was doing weird stuff with a boy. She shouted at me but then she took me out and told me they were having sex, and that you two probably do it all the time," Jessica said, matter of factly.

"You shouldn't listen to Alex. Alex is silly," Jess said, trying not to get angry.

"Okay, daddy. I'm sorry. Can you come and make breakfast now?" She asked, innocently.

"Yes, I'll be straight down. Good girl," Jess said, watching her walk out, "I'm gonna kill that girl."

Liv burst out laughing, "I mean, it's one way for her to find out."

"You're meant to tell her that stuff!" Jess exclaimed.

Liv kneeled up behind Jess on the bed and rested her head on his shoulder, "saves me a job then, doesn't it? Anyway, daddy, your girls and son are hungry."

"Fine. Pancakes?"

"Yes!" Liv said, "and a pop tart. And waffles. And coffee. Lots of coffee."

"Come on then, babe."

Jess quickly got dressed and Liv put her dressing gown on, and they walked downstairs.

Ava was dressed for school, but the other two were still in pyjamas, "Jessie told me you two were having sex," she said, nonchalantly.

"Can you stop saying sex!" Jess cried, flustered.

The three children looked at him weirdly, so Liv sat with them, "just stop saying that word because it's not very nice for people your age to say, okay?"