Hey, Son

Liv and Jess were in the waiting room, Liv sat on his lap instead of in her wheelchair. She was starting to get some control in her legs back, but not a lot.

Richard had been unconscious for a week now. Since then, Lorelai had hit 6 months and her hormones (mixed with Emily's annoyance) made three doctors go off work on stress leave.

Her and Jess' hands were intertwined on her lap, and she was staring down at them.

"As soon as this is over, we'll do it," she whispered.

"We'll do what?" Jess asked.

"Get married. I mean it this time. We've been together for so long and it feels like we've been putting it off for even longer. I don't wanna put it off any longer. I love you. But I need my grandpa to be there too," she told him, resting her hand on his face.

He leaned forward slightly, kissing her softly, "I'll wait as long as we need," he smiled, going to kiss her again, but pulling back quickly, "but not too long," he smirked.

"Not too long," she agreed.

They pulled away quickly at someone fake gagging. A boy, nine or ten, was sat with his mom looking disgusted at them, "grown ups are gross!" He exclaimed, earning a glare from his mom.

Jess chuckled and Liv buried her head in his shoulder, giggling slightly.

————————————————

Emily was sat in with Richard, later that day, and held his hand while flicking through a magazine, trying to find a venue for the next DAR event.

Rory walked in, pushing Liv in before her, and put her at the end of the bed before sitting by her grandmother.

"Everything ok, Grandma?" Liv asked.

"Everything's fine. Oh, Olivia, I was looking through this magazine and I found these perfect cream tablecloths that would be just amazing at your wedding," she exclaimed, looking through her book.

"Oh, Grandma; about that, I—" Liv started, nervously glancing at Rory.

"Richard?" Emily exclaimed, looking up.

His eyes slowly flickered open, and he squinted to adjust to the light.

"Emily?" He croaked.

"Yes, Richard," she smiled, "Olivia and Rory are here too."

"Girls," he said, softly, smiling at them, "where's Lorelai?"

"Outside with Luke, Jess and Logan, I'll get her," Rory smiled.

"What happened?" He yawned, "another heart attack?"

"Yes," Emily told him.

"Dad!" Lorelai grinned, walking to the bed and hugging him, "we were so worried. Never do that to us again! Mom even showed her gentle side; I could've sworn I was gonna end up like you if it went on any longer," she joked.

"Oh Lorelai, can you not be serious for one second?" Emily sighed.

"Well I tried it once but it was no fun," she shrugged.

Richard chuckled, "where's the doctor? I want to know when I'm getting out of here!"

————————————————

That night, Jess climbed into bed next to Liv, reading her book over her shoulder.

"Really? How many times is that now?" Jess laughed.

"There is nothing wrong with The Prisoner of Azkaban!" She defended.

"Whatever," he chuckled, "when's your grandpa being discharged from hospital?"

Liv put her book down, "in a week. They need to monitor him, but he should be good to go next week."

"That's great," he smiled, kissing her shoulder lightly.

"I haven't told her yet. Grandma. I can't, it'll break her heart," Liv sighed.

"Hey, you're the one who doesn't want her planning it," he shrugged.

"Maybe if I compromise with her?" Liv suggested.

"Right. Let me know how compromising with the notorious Emily Gilmore goes," he rolled his eyes.

"Woah you sound like my mom," Liv exclaimed.

"That was so a Lorelai line," He cringed.

They turned the lamps off, and lay down, trying to sleep.

Jess was jolted up by a bag on the door. He waited a few seconds, then lay back down, resting his arm back on Liv's waist.

There it was again. Louder. He swung his legs out of bed, and walked to the front door (they were still living in Luke and Lorelai's house. They were in Liv's old room, where they had pushed the two single beds together).

He opened it.

"Jimmy?" He asked.

"Hey son."

Jess slammed the door. He rested against it, taking a deep breath.

He opened it slowly, "how did you find me?"

"The dance woman. Miss Pratty? Miss Party? One of those," he shrugged.

"Miss Patty," Jess corrected.

"Can I come in? I'm froze, and you must be cold too," he said. Jess looked down and noticed he was just in a pair of pyjama pants and no shirt.

"Whatever," he shrugged, walking to the kitchen.

"I wanted to drop by earlier, but no one was in," Jimmy explained.

"So you wait until 11?" Jess yawned, "I've been at the hospital all day, can't this wait til morning?"

"Jess?" Liv called from the bedroom.

"Who's that? If I knew you had company - " Jimmy smirked.

"She's my fiancée if you must know," he rolled his eyes, walking in to the bedroom.

He sat on Liv's side of the bed, "who are you talking to hun?" She asked.

"My dad," he said.

"Your dad's here?" She exclaimed.

"Yep. Don't know what he wants, but I wanna sleep," he yawned.

"If he needs somewhere to sleep give him the couch," she said.

"I can't trust him, babe. If it was my house, then yeah, but technically it's your moms," Jess whispered.

"The couch would be perfect, thanks for offering," Jimmy said from the doorway.

Jess looked at her pleadingly, and Liv just shrugged and told him he could take it.

"Thank you..."

"Olivia," she yawned.

He nodded and walked out, Jess right behind him, "Well I can't be bothered to go and get a blanket, so you'll have to make do with the cushions and the throw on the sofa. And let me tell you, Liv knows exactly what is in here, and where it all is so don't even think about stealing anything," he warned him.

He turned to go back to bed, when Jimmy chuckled, "someone's changed since they came all the way to California to see me."

"That was a mistake. I almost lost her; that woman in there is the most important thing in my life and I can't believe I risked her for you," he spat.

"We'll talk in the morning son," he said to Jess' back.

"You'll talk," Jess muttered, walking back to bed.

Jimmy's arrived! And Richards awake, finally! I feel like I need way more Luke and Lorelai moments, as well as Logan and Rory, but I feel like Jess and Liv are easier to write, so we'll see what happens. I'll try and update soon, me and HPatel123 have our mocks so it's a bit stressed at the moment! Thanks for all the views btw! 4K soon? Xoxo