I'm going nowhere

Light seeped through into her vision as she fluttered her eyes slowly open. She heard a sharp intake of breath beside her and felt a hand intertwined with her own. Pain was throbbing in her temples, was crippling her stomach. She remembered Jess walking away from her, the emptiness she felt.

"Jess," she murmured.

"No sweety, it's me," Lorelai said.

"Mom it hurts," Liv groaned.

"I know honey. I need to get the doctor," Lorelai said, about to get up.

Liv squeezed her moms hand, stopping her from getting up, "where's Jess?" She asked.

"He went home, to shower and change. He's been here every second for the past 3 days," Lorelai told her.

"I've been here three days? What about the inn?" Liv panicked, "mom why am I here?"

"I'm getting the doctor," Lorelai repeated, walking it quickly.

Liv lay her head back down, shakily raising her hand to her head which was in an excruciating amount of pain.

Lorelai walked out quickly, spouting Dr Bennet down the corridor, "she's awake," she called down to him.

"Ms Danes," Dr Bennet said, "I need to talk to you about Olivia's damage."

Lorelai swallowed hard.

"The brain trauma seems to have been worse than we expected. We will have to keep her in for a few weeks to monitor her, and do some more tests now that she is awake," he explained.

"You'll be able to help her right?" Lorelai checked.

"If the damage is not too bad, yes," Dr Bennet said, "let's go and see how she is now though."

The two walked in in silence, where they found Liv sat up.

"Honey, lie back down please," Lorelai told her.

"I need to see him," Liv demanded.

"Olivia, my name is Doctor Bennet. You have been in an accident and have many injuries. I need you to lie back down," he told her.

Liv looked at the doctor and lay back down, slowly, "I was in an accident?"

"Yes," he said.

Liv's face dropped. She closed her eyes and took a deep shaky breath in.

"We need to run some tests, to see how back the injuries are," Dr Bennet said.

She nodded.

After they had run the tests, Liv was lay back in her bed, reading To Kill A Mockingbird which Rory had given to her before leaving to get some sleep.

When Jess arrived, he stopped to look at her through the window, worrying about how vulnerable and small she looked.

Before walking in, he closed his eyes and inhaled. As he opened the door, her face lit up.

"Jess," she smiled, placing the book down.

"Hey Liv," he said.

He sat in the chair by the bed and placed his hand on hers, "you took your time," he smiled slightly to her.

"Jess I can't remember what happened. All I can remember is you walking away from me," she sighed.

"The doctor said that you had some brain trauma," Jess said.

"I know," Liv sighed, "Jess, I get it if you're still annoyed at me. I would be too."

"Only slightly. I've missed you too much," he shrugged.