I love you, Jess Mariano

Two weeks later, Luke and Lorelai arrived back from their honeymoon, and Liv and Rory were waiting for them at the airport. They had a banner each, saying "WELCOME HOME MOM AND LUKE!" and as they walked out, they dropped it and ran to meet their mom, who was running towards them, and they all crashed together, hugging and falling to the floor, laughing.

"I missed you girls so much!" Lorelai laughed as they stood up.

"We missed you too mom!" Liv smiled.

"Did you two enjoy yourselves when I was away?" She asked them.

"Well, I did, Rory ran off to Paris," Liv raised an eyebrow. Luke walked over and the two girls gave him a hug, too.

"You ran off to Paris?" Lorelai repeated.

"I have news," Rory said, cringing, "but I'll tell you all when we get home."

"Anyway," Liv smirked, "How was it?"

"Too hot!" Lorelai sighed.

"Well mom, Malta is a very hot island," Rory laughed.

"It was very hot, Lorelai, most of the time you were complaining it wasn't hot enough!" Luke exclaimed.

"But now, being back, it's too hot! I couldn't drink a coffee without overheating!" Lorelai sighed.

"How did you cope?"

"Iced coffee!"

When they got back, they dumped the bags in Luke and Lorelai's bedroom, and went and sat in the kitchen.

"So, what's your news?" Lorelai asked Rory.

"I, erm, got...married," Rory muttered.

"You what?" Everyone shouted.

"You got back with Logan?" Liv asked, annoyed.

"Yeah," She said.

"I can't believe you!" Liv stormed it of the house, slamming the door. Rory slumped down in her chair, burying her face in her hands.

"Babe, why didn't you tell us?" Lorelai asked, softly.

"I wanted to tell you together. I didn't think she'd be so annoyed," Rory said.

"I mean, she has a point. He did cheat on you, and-" Lorelai started.

"I never told you he cheated on me," Rory interrupted.

Lorelai froze, and closed her eyes, "Liv told me."

"What? When?" Rory asked.

"When it happened," Lorelai said.

"You knew? You knew! I can't believe you didn't tell me either! You all criticise Logan for lying to me, but you all do too!" Rory shouted, walking out.

Lorelai leaned back in her chair, and Luke rubbed her shoulders.

"I've messed up," Lorelai sighed.

"She'll realise soon enough that you did it to protect her," Luke said.

"And she got married! To him! And I thought my news was going to shock them more!" Lorelai exclaimed, "and when am I even meant to tell them now!"

"You can tell them soon, when Rory has calmed down," Luke told her.

"You're right. I'm going to unpack," Lorelai stood up.

"Yeah, I'll bring the coffee up."

Liv walked into Luke's, where Jess was working behind the counter (he had been covering for Luke while he was away) and sat on a stool on front of him. When he walked in front of her, he noticed her annoyed expression and poured her a cup of coffee.