I Need a Flight!

Olivia Mariano was sat in the airport in Rome, waiting for her flight to be called. The flight had been delayed for 3 hours, and as her head rested on her husbands shoulder, she stared at the screen, wanting to get back home.

Her skin was tanned from her month in Italy, her month of sunbathing, sightseeing, drinking and...other stuff all with her husband.

"Thank you," She said.

"What for?"

"Everything. This has been the best month of my life," she smiled up at him.

"Good."

Just then, her phone began to ring. Luke.

"Livvy, you need to get back. Now," his voice came through as she picked up.

"Woah, Luke, I know you missed me, but not that much!" She joked.

"No, Livvy, your mom! She's in labor!" He almost shouted.

"What? She's a month early!" She exclaimed, jumping out of Jess' arms.

"I know that, but obviously the twins don't!" He shouted back, "I'm sorry, Livvy, I'm panicking."

"Really? I had no idea," she rolled her eyes, "Luke our flight is delayed; it has been for the past three hours. We won't get back until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest."

"Tomorrow afternoon?"

"I want to be there Luke, I didn't decide to delay the frigging flight!" She shouted, "I'm sorry, but Rory's there, right? And grandma and grandpa?"

"Yes, they're all here. But we should have you here too," he sighed.

"I know, Luke. Trust me I want to be there with you both. Give me a second and I'll go and see if they have any other flights leaving sooner with spare seats. I'll call you back after," she said, hanging up. She shoved her phone in her back pocket, and marched to the desk, "I need to go home."

"I'm sorry, Miss, but the flight is delayed. You will have to wait."

"Babe, what's up?" Jess said from next to her.

"I need a flight home now!" She shouted, making several people look at her, "I'm sorry, I need a...I need a flight, ok? I need one right now. Right now, yeah? Please?"

"Babe, what's happened?"

"I apologise, we're doing all we—" the receptionist began.

"It's not enough! Look, my mom is in labor with my twin brothers, or twin sisters, or twin one of each, I don't know yet and I won't know until I get a flight and get home. But it's important because she's my mom, and she needs me and my sister to be there, not just my sister because we are both her daughters so..." Liv rambled, "so please. I'm begging you."

"Lorelai's in labor?"

"Miss, I'm really sorry, but we're doing all we can," the receptionist said.

"But...my mom...I-I have to be there for her...she needs me," she stuttered, fighting back tears.

"I'm sorry."

"Huh," she said, going back to her seat, putting her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands, "I need to be there Jess. I...I need to be with her..."

"I know, baby. I know. Give me a second," he said, walking back to the desk.

The receptionist looked back up, "I'm sorry, sir, we are really trying to get this delay sorted."

"Do you have no other flights at all? Not with another air line? It's just...my wife is really close to her mom. Like super close. This is so important to both of them," he explained.