Cool Kids

The girls walked into Liv's living room, where Tristin was sat and watching over Ava.

"We're here," she said from behind him.

"Oh, hey, Liv. Hayley," he said, nervous.

Looking between the two, Liv sighed, "I'm gonna take Ava out to Luke's to see Jess. You two stay here and talk, okay? Also I'm quite attached to the couches, windows and that vase there. Just saying."

They nodded, and Liv picked up Ava, not even bothering to put her in her stroller, and walked out.

Hayley walked around and sat on the sofa, far away from Tristin as she could.

"I'm sorry for these past couple of weeks," she said, quietly.

"I know," he said, "I just wish you'd let me in."

"I don't want you to get hurt if anything happens," she sighed.

"But I miss you, and that hurts like hell. Please, take me back? We can get through this together," he grabbed her hand.

"I could die. And if I don't, we can't have kids together," Hayley sniffed, on the verge of tears.

"I'm not gonna let you die. And we can't naturally have them, but there's IVF, or a surrogate, or-" Tristin started listing.

"Let's just focus on the not dying. Please?" She asked, quiet once again.

"You'll take me back?" Tristin looked up, trying not to smile.

"I've realised I can't do it without you," Hayley smiled a little.

"Good, because I've missed you like hell," he kissed her hand, his blue eyes not leaving her brown ones.

Liv walked into the diner, clutching Ava to her, and went up to the counter, leaning over to give Jess a quick kiss.

"What are you two doing here?" Jess asked.

"Nice to see you too. Gee, Ava, isn't it great to see daddy?" She teased.

"I thought you two were having a quiet day in," Jess corrected himself.

"We were, but I'm trying to reunite Trayley, so things could get ugly over there," Liv explained.

"What's a Trayley? Some sort of crazy experiment?" Jess asked, confused.

"Tris and Hayley," she said like it was obvious, "you know, I could really kill for chocolate pancakes with bananas and a coffee while I wait."

"On it," Jess winked, walking into the kitchen.

He sorted out Liv's food, and stepped out to see Kirk looking over Liv's shoulder at Ava.

"She's small," Kirk said, turning his head slightly.

"She's a baby..." Liv replied.

"My mother said I was a big baby. Big head, big eyes, big hands, big c-" Kirk listed, still staring at Ava.

"Kirk, stop staring at my baby," Jess cut him off.

"Jess, I was just saying to Liv how small she is," Kirk told him.

"I didn't think Liv had noticed already, thanks," Jess drawled.

"I'm going back to Lulu now. Bye," Kirk said, leaving.

"He's so weird," Jess muttered.

"He's harmless," Liv waved.

"In a mental asylum," Jess tutted.

"Be nice," Liv scolded.

Jess reaches over the counter and picked up Ava, "I'll protect you from the strange man."