Together

It was the second night Jess was away, and Hayley and Tristin were in the apartment with Liv. Hayley and Liv were sat on the sofa and Tristin was sat on the floor.

"I can't believe you two are together," Liv said.

"You mean you can't believe your best friend is dating your ex," Hayley said.

"Babe," Tristin laughed, shaking his head.

"What? It's true!" Hayley shrugged.

The phone began to ring and Liv jumped up from the sofa to get it, "hey!" She said, thinking it was Jess.

"Mrs Mariano?"

"Yes, that's me. Who's this?" She asked, confused.

"My name's Doctor Pearson. Your husband is in intensive car as he was brought to us a few hours ago, after being in a car accident."

Liv's hand flew to her stomach, and she began feeling sick, remembering her own accident the previous year, "what hospital? I can be there in 2 hours."

Liv wrote down the hospital, thanked the doctor and rushed out of the apartment, Hayley and Tristin following, concerned.

Luke stopped her as she got down the stairs, "what's wrong, Livvy?"

Liv takes a hand through her hair, "Jess has been in an accident. I need to go."

"I'll come with you. Hayley, Tristin, will you close up the diner?" He asked, grabbing his jacket.

"Of course, Mr Danes," Hayley nodded.

He pointed at her, "it's Luke."

She nodded, "right. Good luck, call me," she said to Liv, who nodded before promptly walking out, with Luke following behind her.

They arrived at the hospital 2 hours and 3 minutes later, and Chris was sat in the corridor with his head in his hands. He looked up as they approached, and stood up to hug Liv.

"What happened?" She asked him.

"We were going to drop off some deliveries and Jess insisted on driving. Said he was less hungover than me, which was probably true. But then this car just came out of nowhere and smashed into his side of the car," Chris explained.

"Oh my God," Liv gasped, "Are you ok?"

He rolled up his sleeve, "just some cuts on my arm. That's all really."

"How long have you been here?"

"Six hours. I would've called you sooner, but when they brought me in they wanted to sort my arm out straight away," Chris apologised.

"It's fine. Is he still in the ICU?" She asked.

"Yeah. I think he's stable at the moment, but they wouldn't tell me anything," he said.

"Ok," she nodded.

She walked up to the receptionist, "hi, my husband was brought in 6 hours ago. Jess Mariano?"

"Ah, yes. Go to Room 12, Dr Pearson should be in there," she smiled.

"Thank you," She said. She looked back at Luke, who was nervously staring at the floor, "thanks for coming with me, I know you hate these things."

"Don't mention it."

"You stay here with Chris, I'm gonna find out what's going on," she says, before going to find Room 12. When she arrived, a woman was walking out, "is this Jess Mariano's room?"

"Yes, I'm his doctor. Can I help you?"

"I'm his wife, Olivia Mariano," she smiled.

"Of course. It's good to meet you. I'm very sorry about what's happened," she said.