Deja Vu

Rory sat, sobbing into her sisters arms. Liv was rubbing her arm, and shushing her, stopping whenever Jess brought them more coffee.

Rory was a mess after the news. Logan was the same for the first week, but threw himself into work to try and distract himself.

They were all back in Stars Hollow, as Liv needed to go to work and Rory needed to be with Liv.

"It's my fault. It obviously is," Rory sobbed.

"No," Liv said, "it's not your fault. You can't help it."

"I hate my uterus," she swallowed.

"Well, it is a pretty dumb uterus," she tried to joke.

"I'm sorry, I should be heading back," Rory sniffed, wiping her eyes and standing up.

Liv glanced at Jess, who raised his eyebrows, "me and Jess were thinking that you should stay here. Just for tonight and tomorrow. We know Logan's working a lot and we don't want you to be alone."

"Nope. I'll be a burden."

"You're my sister; that's the job description."

"I'll annoy you," Rory shook her head.

"No more than usual. Come on, Ror. Just two nights," Liv smiled, almost begging her.

"Fine," she sighed, "I've got some pyjamas at moms, I'll have to go and get them."

"Yep, you do that and then after work we'll watch films and binge on fatty foods that would disgust Luke. Sound good?" Liv grinned.

"Sounds great," Rory smiled, walking out. When she left, Liv walked over to Jess and wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I hate seeing her so heartbroken," her voice was muffled against his chest.

"I know," Jess sighed, stroking her hair, "it will get better for her, and you're being amazing just for being here for her."

"It's not enough though," Liv said, "it's not like I'm making anything better by telling her it will be."

"Babe, all she needs is her sister to be here for her," Jess said to her, "and that's exactly what you're doing."

"I guess," Liv sighed, "I'd better get to work. I'll see you tonight."

"See you later," he kissed her forehead, "love you."

"Love you too," she smiled at him before walking out. When she got down the stairs, Rory was pouring Kirk a cup of coffee, "thought you were going to moms?"

"I'll go later. I told Luke I'd help him out here while he was looking after the twins. It was decided like 2 minutes ago," Rory explained.

"Ok. Well I'll see you later. Bye Kirk," she said, taking his coffee and walking out while drinking it.

Kirk turned to Rory, "I don't have to pay for that do I?"

—————————————————

When Liv got back to the apartment that night, Logan was sat outside the diner. She looked at him, sighed, and sat on the step next to him.

"I want to go and see her," Logan said, distantly.

"Go in, then," Liv said.

"I can't."

"I know you're thick, but surely you know how to open a door," she nudged him.

"Does she even want to see me? I don't think we've had a proper conversation in over a week," Logan sighed.

"She wants to see me, trust me, she misses you," Liv told him.