A Proper Hen Do

"As soon as I get these out of me, you will have a proper hen do," Lorelai groaned, glaring at her stomach.

"Don't worry about it," Liv waved her off, "anyway, when these two come in two months, you won't have time to throw me a proper hen do," she teased, snatching the bowl of popcorn from Rory.

"Have you seen the cake Sookie's made? It's beautiful," Rory grinned, taking it back.

"She won't let me see it," Liv moaned.

"I've seen it," Lorelai stuck her tongue out.

"Being pregnant makes you immature,"  Liv glared at her.

"Oh honey, I was immature before I was pregnant," Lorelai sighed, "Oh, so me and Luke can't decide on names. We don't even know the genders. If it's a boy and a girl, I want Sonny and Cher. If it's two girls, I want Sonny and Cher."

"What about two boys?" Rory asked.

"Well, we have proper names. William and Richard," Lorelai smiled, "or Barry and Paul."

"So it's between naming them after your dads or after the Chuckle Brothers?" Liv asked.

"Duh," Lorelai said, "But Luke prefers William and Richard."

"Hm I wonder why?" Rory shook her head.

"I mean, does it matter what we call them? They'll be married and adults before I know it," she said, eying her daughters, "I can't believe you're getting married tomorrow."

"I know," Liv looked down, at the popcorn.

"What's up?" Lorelai asked, "please tell me you're not having second thoughts."

"No! No, of course I'm not!" Liv demanded, "it's just...nothing goes right for us. Ever. What if this doesn't work out?"

"Honey, it will. Jess is crazy about you, and you're crazy about him too. It's going to work out," Lorelai told her.

"Definitely," Rory agreed.

"Yeah," she said, "I'm going to refill this," she smiled, walking into the kitchen.

Lorelai grabbed her phone and quickly dialled a number, "hey, Lane! You up for a night out? No, not with me, with Liv. Yeah. Uh huh. Well, you, Liv, Rory?" She looked up, where he eldest daughter nodded, "Hayley and Paris? Ok. In an hour? Right, see you then," she put her phone down.

"She's not going to be happy," Rory smirked.

"She'll have a great time and so will you," Lorelai shrugged.

"You won't though," Rory tilted her head to the side, "where have the boys gone?"

"They've gone to that bar the Logan suggested. Luke messaged and they're having a great time. And don't worry about me, I'll just make sure everything is ready for tomorrow," Lorelai reassured her.

"Hey, this is the last of the popcorn," Liv said, sitting back on the sofa, "what're we watching first then?"

"I don't know, but you two are going upstairs to get prettied up," Lorelai smiled.

"To watch movies?" Liv scoffed.

"To go out with your friends the night before your wedding," Lorelai shrugged.

"Mom, I don't need to go out," Liv protested.

"You are going out with your friends, having a good time and enjoying yourself ready for your big day tomorrow," Lorelai insisted.

Liv looked at her hesitantly, then looked at Rory, "ok," she sighed, going up the stairs.

An hour later, the girls were on their way to a club in Hartford, laughing at Liv's attempt at trying to convince them not to let her drink too much.