Partners

>>Mael

Is it because I'm surrounded by Alphas? Is my omega acting up??

I shook my head. No! It can't be. I take my pills regularly! I should be fine!

If I really was spreading my pheromones, I looked at the other students around me, everyone would be looking at me.

I tried to calm myself down.

I'm fine.

I glared at Eli who was no longer looking at me now.

He was just messing with me!

I nodded to myself.

I'm sure of it! He loves messing with me after all. I gulped and took a deep breath, then tried to focus on the lecture but the fact that Calix said the same thing kept bothering me.

"We'll be going for a practical today," The teacher spoke, "I know you all must be thinking about how we're already going when it's the second day but it's important." He slammed his book on the desk and that made me flinch.

Only then did I come back to my senses.

"Everybody up!" Mr. Owen said and everybody stood up, "You'll all be going into the forest."

"Why?" A female Alpha, Naima spoke up and a bunch of other students protested.

"I won't tell any of you why?" Mr. Owen smirked, "It's a test."

"What!?!" Every single person in the class was flabbergasted, "It's the second day."

"Don't worry!" He slammed his thick attendance book on the desk again, "Quiet!" He looked at us, "Out!" He gestured towards the door and everyone started leaving, "Make groups of four."

"Ah~" The students protested, "We don't even know each other that well."

"This is exactly why you're all going on the field on the second day." The teacher smirked, "Make the group at random even if you have to. Two groups will have five members so choose whoever you want."

Groups...

I looked at Calix but I couldn't bring myself to say anything to him. Would he want to be in a group with me when no one else wants to be? It's a group of four, two groups will be of five, so there's a high chance I'll be left out...

I frowned as we all made our way outside. On top of being tense about the grouping, I'm stressed about this practical too. We're going into a forest? Just why? What are we being tested for?

"Mael?" As we all assembled in the ground beyond which was the forest, Calix called my name.

"Yes?" I looked at him with a wary and worried heart. Is he going to ask me to leave? Or is he going to tell me that he's joining another group?

What will I do then?

If he leaves me at this point, I will be a permanent outcast for the rest of the semester!

He smiled at me, "You look worried," He tapped my forehead, "It's just a test don't fret about it."

I laughed nervously, "Yea..." I looked away, unable to ask him about what he wanted to do with the grouping. If I ask him to stay with me would I seem too desperate? But I don't want to be alone either!

Both ways were a dead end and I had no idea what to do. I looked at the other Alphas and saw Killian and Eli surrounded. I was in the middle of feeling jealous when just then someone came and asked Calix, "Hey! Do you want to join our group?"

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach and my eyes went wide. I started fretting immediately but I couldn't bring myself to look in his direction, so, I kept my head down.

Here it goes!

Of course, someone was going to ask him!

I pursed my lips when I heard him reply, "Just me?" He pointed at me, "What about him?"

Whoever came to ask him most likely made a 'face' as an answer, "Yea," There was a pause, "Just you."

Wow

It stung like hell!

I can hear everything after all!

"I'll pass then," Calix on the other hand gave an immediate reply and stepped closer to me, "We're staying together." He put his hand on my shoulder and I shot my head toward him in disbelief.

"Alright," The other werewolf left but I didn't look at who it was because I was busy admiring Calix.

"Are you sure?" I was looking at him in bewilderment, "We might not get taken in any other group." Even without us both, everyone makes a group of four.

Calix sighed as he looked back at me, "We're a team." He flicked my forehead, "We're sticking together even if there's no one else."

I placed my hand on my forehead, where it stung a little, "Okay..." I don't think I've felt this happy before.

"Hey~" But my happiness was short-lived, extremely short-lived, "Mind if we join you?" Calix and I turned to see Eli and Killian walking our way.

"Oh!" Calix smiled, "Sure,"

"Nice to meet you." Killian greeted Calix and Calix greeted back.

"Why do you want to join us?" I glared at Eli but he just smirked back.

"Because you're in it." His smile widened, "I'd leave the world for you." He chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, right." I turned my face away. I know he's only here to annoy me.

"Okay!" Mr. Owen arrived, "Everyone ready?" He looked around, "Since the groups have been formed, You'll all enter the forest through different places." Everyone quietly listened to him, "I won't tell what kind of test it is, but it'll hold a lot of impact on your result cards." He looked at each and every student, "It will be up to you to assess the situation and find the best course of action." He nodded at us, "Understand?'

"Okay~"

"Then," He pointed towards the forest, " You're allowed to let your wolves out if you want." He smiled, "Go!"

Every group went to their assigned entrances and we went to ours. But even before we started I started getting anxious.

I'm definitely not letting my wolf out. I'm so much smaller than the others, if I go into my werewolf form I'd definitely be made fun of! All Alpha werewolves have big wolves, enough that a person can ride on them easily, but as an omega, my wolf is smaller and the hormone therapy didn't have much effect on my omega wolf at all!

I pursed my lips as we all made our way into the forest.

I don't know why, but I'm getting a really bad feeling about this

>>Eli

"You asked me to say something weird," Calix came over with a concerned expression, "To Mael." Killian and Mael had gone ahead of us.

I grinned, "Yea, I know it was weird but it's fun." I was the one who asked him to say he smelt something sweet to Mael.

"He looked terrified." He seemed a little angry, "I had no idea before but he's an outcast?"

I chuckled, "That's why it's fun."

"You're bullying him." He folded his arms and gave me a sigh of disappointment.

I shrugged, "It's harmless."

He shook his head at me, "I'm not doing something like that again." He glared, "And you better stop too, you know how disturbed he already is." He clicked his tongue at me.

"Okay," I raised my hands in defeat, "Fine,"

"Good," He turned to leave while I grinned,

I don't need anything like that again anyway.