Wild nature

>>Mael

I'm sure everyone was frustrated when they read Mr. Owen's message yesterday night, yet everyone's here waiting for the Academy bus sharp at eight. This is because no one can afford to be expelled from the academy.

While it's a great honor to graduate from here, you're equally humiliated if you're kicked out.

I sighed as I thought about all the things I packed.

I needed to be extra careful, so I had my pills with me.

I just hope I'm not paired with Eli during the trip. Not that anyone else is better, it's just that I feel like he's onto something every time we're alone.

"Morning everyone!" Mr. Owen arrived as the bus did, "Start getting on and I'll take your attendance as we go."

He didn't get a reply from anyone but he really didn't care. Everyone still boarded the bus and he silently took attendance. The whole bus ride was quiet but the good part was that Calix sat with me and the ride was comfortable.

But that was literally it.

None of us had any idea where we were being taken, till the point we were out of the city and dropped in front of a hiking path with forest and mountains surrounding us.

"Alright!" Mr. Owen didn't get off the bus, he simply stood at the step as he smirked, "Meet you all at the inn." All of our phones buzzed, "I've sent you the location. Hope I see you all alive soon!" And the bus drove off.

....

It all happened so fast, none of us were able to grasp the situation but as the reality set in, so did the mouthful of curses.

"The hell is wrong with him!?"

"Is he never going to explain anything?'

"There's bound to be something bad on the hiking trail."

"I'm going to sue this man!"

"I'm going to kill him if he planted something stupid like last time."

"My phone doesn't even have any signal here!? Is anyone's map working?"

"Mine's fine."

I looked at Calix in confusion and he looked back at me with an equally bewildered expression.

"I got no words." He shook his head.

"Same here." I nodded

I turned to look at the hiking track when someone caught my eye. Two people had already started their way up.

Eli and Killian.

"We should get going too," Calix spoke up as he saw them too and I nodded.

***

"We've lost signal," I said as I looked at my phone, "My maps are not working anymore." I looked at Calix with a worried expression.

"Same here," He sighed, "But I have a rough idea of where we're going." We both put our phones back in our pockets. None of us had our luggage with us, it was all in the bus Mr. Owen drove off with.

I looked behind us, "I don't see anyone else."

"It's either that we're lost," Calix scratched the back of his head, "Or many other people are." He glanced at me, "Let's keep going."

But the reality was.

We were lost.

"Why are we suddenly at the river?" I started getting anxious as I clearly remembered that there was no river on the map we were following.