Search for Food

>>Mael

I didn't see my group mates throughout the morning. Killian, Eli, and Calix weren't there in the room when the teacher woke us all up and neither did I see any one of them in the toilet area but as we assembled for the morning headcount I saw them at the entrance hall.

A wave of relief rushed over me when I saw them for some reason and I rushed over to their side. Although Eli had scared the shit out of me yesterday he had gone back to normal now.

He smirked like he usually does and there was no sign of those wrath pheromones anymore. I had no idea why he was angry yesterday, did I piss him off somehow? I didn't have the slightest idea but his behavior yesterday was very odd. He's annoyed the hell out of me in many places but I've never been afraid of him like this. I've been pissed, humiliated, and belittled but I was never terrified.

...

It made me rethink how he bullies me. He's never done something that made me feel afraid before but yesterday he was rough for the first time...

My hands moved toward my knees as I recalled how they ended up scraping yesterday.

"Something wrong?' Killian asked

!!!

I flinched and looked at him, "Oh no!" I waved my hands in denial, "It's nothing."

He wrapped his arm around my neck casually, "Is that so?" The hall had started to fill with students.

His actions made me freeze, "Yea...." Why is he being so friendly? This is suspicious but then again, there are times when he simply doesn't care about his actions.

As everyone assembled the teacher came and took our attendance then briefed what we were supposed to do.

"You'll be working in groups again." He started, "The teams will be the same as your original ones. The groups of four will be going to the mountains to select the ingredients for lunch and dinner."

"What?" Angela, a female Alpha spoke, "Why?"

"Yea!" Wendy, a friend of hers peered in, "Why?!"

"Because you won't be getting food otherwise." Mr. Owen smirked as the eyes popped out of our skulls after hearing that which led to an outburst of protests, "You all will be cooking for yourselves today."

"What!?" All the elite class Alphas didn't like the idea.

"That's just insane!"

"Why do we need to cook for ourselves!?"

"This is going to be troublesome." Eli shook his head.

"Yea, because you can't cook shit." Killian laughed at him as he let my neck go.

Pssh! Rich kids, I shook my head, I doubt any of them have ever stepped their foot in the kitchen.

"Mind you, you can't even boil water." Eli taunted him back.

Eli and Killian made fun of each other but for some reason, Calix didn't say anything. He was oddly quiet and that made me uneasy. I hope his being quiet has got nothing to do with me! Yesterday too, he went to sleep without a word.

Could it be? He's angry that I didn't shift yesterday? We fell down the cliff because of me...

I felt dejected but I didn't dare to go and ask him myself.

What if I was right?

That would mean he doesn't want anything to do with me...

I felt a hole in my feelings as I felt sort of lonely.