School play

>>Mael

I pressed the button to light the screen on my phone to look at the time. Then I looked at the screensaver and smiled. It was a picture of my twin sister, Amara, and me. We're fraternal twins but our features still match a lot.

Then I placed my phone down on the desk and glanced at Calix who was sitting beside me.

"Mr. Owen is late," I said and he nodded.

"It could be because of that accident."

"Yea..."

The academy had to take responsibility for what happened to the four students because it happened on an official trip. Mr.Owen though wasn't kicked out or anything since the investigation was still ongoing and no one knows what really happened.

It looked like an animal attack but we're all werewolves here, so the possibility of one of us being the culprit hasn't been ruled out.

I glanced at Eli, he came back to the dorm after I had gone to bed and we haven't exchanged any words at all, but I do wonder, is he not afraid at all? He did something so cruel. I looked down. But, he did it for me, didn't he?

Why?

I turned around and noticed that Calix was glancing at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Um," He seemed a little hesitant, "I've said this before too but without your glasses, you look-" He paused and I got self-conscious.

"I-," I panicked, "I'm going to get a new pair on the weekend." I tried to hide my eyes with my bangs

"Hey, hey!" He stopped my hands, "You look pretty." He tried to bring my hands down, "There's no need to hide it."

"No!" I snatched my hands away from his, "I can't look pretty." I said, "I'm an Alpha." I gritted and teeth and looked down, "And a man..." I looked away, "I'm not pretty."

"Sorry," He apologized, "I must have hurt your feelings."

"It's okay." I calmed down and then I noticed there were other people who were stealing glances at me. It made me self-conscious all over again.

I should go and buy another pair as soon as possible. I have to get my hormone injections soon too.

"Mael?" Calix tapped my shoulder and I shyly looked at him.

"Yes?"

"There's something I want you to know." He had a serious look in his eyes, "We're friends and I'm always here to help you out."

"..." I nodded, "Okay," I smiled at him but for some reason, he looked like he hadn't conveyed his feelings or something.

"That means," He further said as he looked into my eyes, "You can rely on me at any time, about anything." I paused, "I would never judge you for anything and I will always help you out." My heart warmed at his words.

"Okay..." I passed him a gentle smile, "Thank you."

But I knew that there was no way I could tell him my secret. That is something I should keep to myself. That's a problem I should be facing on my own.

"Morning class!" The teacher entered the classroom and slammed the attendance book on the table when he reached his desk, "I hope the rest of you are doing well." He scanned us all, "We've got a ban from 'dangerous' activities even though as Alpha werewolves there shouldn't be issues like that, to begin with." He was in a bad mood, everyone could tell from his face. Even his eyes were scary, "But since we'll be staying in for a while." He opened his book, "We'll be doing a small activity." The whole class was dead silent as everyone kept their eyes on him, "The simplest thing I could come up with, that's 'safe'" He made a bunny gesture with two of his fingers from both hands as he rolled his eyes, "Is a play."