Worse scenarios

>>Mael

I woke up as I felt strange movements. It felt like I was moving on my fours yet there was a feeling of softness under me as if I was sleeping on the softest bed.

What?

I groggily stood up and frowned as I tried to make sense of it.

"You're up?" Calix's voice brought me back to my senses and I realized I was on his back while he was walking around in his wolf form.

"Huh!" I got up straight in an instant and looked around. It was getting dark but night hadn't fallen yet.

"I've been looking around for a while." He said, "We're almost there."

"AH..." I was unsure what to do. Surely, a wolf is better in the wild than a human. Calix sniffed around to find a path back but it seems I was on his back the whole time, "I'll get off!" I began to panic at the realization.

"It's fine," He spoke in my mind, "We've reached anyway," He pointed up front and I noticed the lights.

"Oh..."

Soon we were at the entrance where Mr. Owen was waiting for us.

"You're the last ones here." He smirked as I got off Calix.

"Oh, God..." I was ashamed of myself but Calix didn't say anything. He was awfully quiet for some reason.

"Don't fret over it too much." Mr. Owen said, "You're the last ones who have managed to come." He pointed for us to go inside, "We're now sending a search party for the many who didn't make it."

Ah-

I took a breath of relief as Calix, who hadn't shifted back, walked inside the inn without saying anything at all.

"Calix!" I went behind him, "Let's go together!" He didn't wait for me, on the contrary, he ran inside leaving me behind on purpose.

"What the..." I scratched my head, "Is he mad at me because I refused to shift with him back there?"

I hope he doesn't stay angry... He's my only friend. Without him, I'll be troubled!

At that time I had no idea that this trip was only the start of my nightmare.

***

I can't describe my feelings when I heard that all the males were going to sleep in one big room where futons were laid on the floor and there was only one big public bath.

The whole class was back now and as a peace offering for almost killing many of us, Mr. Owen had prepared a bbq party. Everyone could eat and drink whatever they liked and there were a variety of drinks and meat. Plus the inn workers were the ones preparing everything, so it calmed the Alphas down.

After the dreadful journey here, everyone was more than ready for the food and soon everyone was in the courtyard benches devouring the food and getting drunk.

But I sat in my place alone, in the corner with eyes wide open as I still tried to process the information. Calix didn't come to eat, he went to sleep straight away without talking to anyone but I didn't have the courage to do that.

Will I be able to sleep among so many Alphas? What if something goes awry? What if someone has a habit of releasing their pheromones in their sleep? What if they have bad sleeping habits in general??! I can just go by not bathing but what about sleeping? If I make a fuss, what if someone gets suspicious? What if Mr. Owen gets suspicious? Wait, for how many days are we here? We were never specified on that!

Oh!

I buried my face in the palms of my hand and I frowned as I asked myself the question.

Could this get worse??