Grace

>>Mael

The sudden appearance of reporters and the number of insane questions they were asking scared me. My heart began to pound in the confusing situation and my thoughts jumbled up.

"So you really aren't Mael Alma?"

"What relationship do you really have with the Alma household then?"

"Are you related to this family in any way?"

"Where did you come from? Why were you brought into the family?"

"Is that woman standing there your relative?" I shot my head towards mom.

"Is she your mother?"

"Did Mike Alma have an affair?"

"What happened to the real son?"

"He was sick? Did he die?"

I had no idea what to do, so I just sank further into Eli's embrace and my grip around him tightened. My eyes were wide open and I kept looking at the people around us as if they were going to attack us.

He held on to me, "Grace," And called my name, making me look at him, "You have me, Let's face things properly." He spoke very softly, assuring me. I looked into his beautiful green eyes that shone in the rising sun "It's time to face things and start anew." His smile looked dazzling as the sun highlighted his features as it rose to its peak.

My heart rate slowed down when I got a sweet whiff of his pheromones. The pleasant smell of rain and calmness along with his presence made me relax, and I smiled at him, then I looked at the reporters.

Right.

I glanced at mom who stood in her place confused.

Nobody asked for it and none of us would have done it on our own but the opportunity has been given to me to break free of everything that bound me. It may have come in a form of betrayal but it's given me a chance.

I'm sure all of us are tired.

Rachel already said she wanted this all to come to an end.

"This story is a little strange," I smiled and increased my grip on Eli's hand, "It doesn't have a clear conclusion." I glanced at Eli who held my hand tightly.

Because if I think about it, who is the villain of this story? My mom, who was forced to break up a happily married couple but was destined to be with her husband.

My stepmother? Who's beaten me up a bunch of times but is also the person who had to accept her husband got lured into a heat trap, had kids with the other woman, and then had her son die?

Or my father, Who wanted to stay loyal but couldn't because of the mate bond trap and felt guilty for what he did after which he felt trapped when he lost his son?

I really don't know but I gave my story to the paparazzi and left the place with my mother.

***

It took Eli some time to convince his father who wouldn't believe anything till the time it was on the news that I, Mael Alma, was an omega female. After Mr. Sinclair accepted everything and the fact that his son and I were mates, he agreed to help us.

The news of our twisted family was all over the place. People argued about who was right and who was wrong and there were several opinions but the final verdict was of course in the hands of the court.

The relationship between us and Amara was also revealed and Amara and Mom moved in with me in the apartment Eli bought for us.

"It's okay," Eli held my hand in his, "We're just getting your things from the dorm."