After-Party

>>Mael

"I have to say," Mr. Owen cleared his throat as we all stood on the stage to hear his review, "It was entertaining." He clearly had fun, "Quite a passion-filled one." He snickered, then tried to suppress his laughter, "I'll upload your points on the Academy's student portal." He stood up from his seat, "I'm sure you'll like the result." He clapped for us, "You're all free to go now."

****

I couldn't go home after the play since the class decided to have an after-party in the courtyard of the academy. We had received permission from Mr. Owen and everyone wanted to have a bbq party.

Night loomed over and everyone began to enjoy the cozy atmosphere of the bbq night out but my mind was still stuck on the three insane kisses I received today.

"Are you alright?" Calix brought my glasses with him and put them on me after which he sat down next to me on the bench.

I nodded but I couldn't bring myself to look at him, "I just wasn't expecting what happened at the play."

He chuckled, "Sorry, I went overboard didn't I?" His soft behavior made my cheeks flush a little, especially influenced by the kiss, but I had to play it off like everyone else was.

"Yea..." I sighed, "But it's all Eli''s fault." I looked in his direction and then glared at him. Like Usual, he and Killian sat together.

"You know, I felt like there was something missing from the original script." Killian started speaking as he drank some beer from his glass, "But today at the performance everything was perfect." It seemed like he was on cloud nine, "The kisses at the end were beyond perfect."

"I know," Naima said in a daze, "The kiss was amazing," Her words made everyone look at her with amused expressions and she realized what she said, "I mean!" She raised her hands up in defense, "I had no idea Mael had such soft lips."

!!!

Now everyone was looking at me.

"...." I gulped, "Chapstick?" I nervously drank some beer from my glass.

Eli laughed out loud at my words, making me shy.

"Yea, I definitely tasted sweetness on your lips." He grinned at me, not only making me feel weird but also a little giddy. I looked away and blushed.

"Yea," Naima added, "I tasted something sweet too."

"What are you talking about?' Calix said, "That sweet taste came from me since I ate candy before the play started."

Calix's words made everyone laugh.

"You all tasted the same thing!" Everyone was having fun, everyone but me, I was only confused. I did taste something sweet when I kissed Calix but it was different when Eli kissed me.

I drank more from my glass as I tried to make sense of it.

With Naima and Calix, it tasted like candy but not with Eli. Why? With him, it tasted something natural.

"Ah man," Eli shook his head, "Well that just sucks." He shuddered, "It brings me no joy to taste another man's lips."

"You know," Lia spoke up, "They say kissing your fated pair is different." Everyone looked at her, "Since there is a taste only real mates can taste from each other."

What?

There was something like that?

"Hey~," Leiglo said, "Isn't that just a myth?"

"It probably happens because of pheromones," Killian said.

"But you can't taste pheromones, you can only smell them," Calix added.

"Between mates, you can taste it too." Killian stuck out his tongue, "What's saliva for!" People laughed at his words and hooted but I felt strange. On that note, I've been feeling a little weird for a while now. Is there something wrong with me? This past week, I feel like something inside of me has been stirring around.

Could it be my wolf?

I shook my head at myself.

No...

She's been gone for a while now... She slowly disappeared ever since I started taking those pills and injections.

"Don't you think we'd make a good pair?' Naima looked at Eli as she went and sat down on the table of the bench he was on, "We'd be like a fated pair." She grinned, "Soulmates." She winked at him, "Wanna try kissing me, you might taste something nice."

"Yea," Eli smirked, "Barbeque chicken."

"Come on~" Naima was drunk, like many others but I didn't like that she was making a move on Eli. I found it irritating for some reason.

"Soulmates? Fated pair?" Eli scoffed, "There's no such thing as fated pairs." He wasn't even saying those words to me, but it stung.

I placed my hand on my chest where it hurt.

"There is." Lia insisted. I guess fated mates are a fantasy every girl wants. It is romantic after all. I tapped my fingers on the table and

"Not anymore." Eli looked at the sky, "Not after the moon goddess abandoned us." He seemed a little angry, "Besides, you're an Alpha." He rolled his eyes, "That's the worst pairing there is."

"If it's a fated pair, the status doesn't matter." She leaned in closer to him most likely to kiss him.

He leaned in too and it almost made me angry when he suddenly averted his face to avoid the kiss, then hugged her, "Well, good thing we aren't one." He patted her back and then broke the hug.

Woah, he was quite straightforward with his rejection.

I didn't realize that I was smiling. I didn't even realize that I liked that he didn't kiss her. On the same note, I didn't even realize I stared at Eli the whole night time till I passed out.

***

I don't know when I passed out, I didn't even drink much, to begin with, but I'm not a heavy drinker either. In fact, I'm quite a lightweight. So it makes sense if I pass out after two glasses.

Okay, that aside, I didn't expect anyone to pick me up and take me to my room. But someone did.

I opened my eyes a little in the middle of being carried and saw the hallway.

Hmmm?

We had reached my room.

The door opened and closed behind us but it all seemed hazy. I couldn't wake up properly and the only reason my eyes opened was because of all the moving around.

I was taken to the room and lay down on my bed. My eyes were barely opening and closing continuously because my eyelids just felt so heavy and I only got a glimpse of the man who took care of me before my eyes closed for good but my mind was still barely awake.

He put the blanket on me and sat on the bed by my side. I could feel his gaze on me and I wanted to wake up but I guess I was really tired.

My body reacted a little when he kissed my lips, it was a short one, barely even lasted for half a minute but it was sweet. It even felt nice but he broke it far too soon. I felt like whining but I had no energy to do so.

He then gently stroked my hair while my mind drifted back into the darkness since now I was on a soft stable surface.

It felt really nice though. The way his fingers ran through my hair made me relax.

"Mael," I heard Eli's voice, "I hope you find me soon."