Sinner

>>Mael

I gave the academy an application for leave and went home.

"Tell me what happened." Dad demanded while we both stood in his study, "Why is Rachel in the ER?"

"She followed me to mom's..." I spoke timidly with my hands intertwined together, "And then she tried to kill her..." My voice trembled and I couldn't meet my father's eyes, "I-I,"

"And so you tried to murder her?!!" He yelled at me, "Just like-" He paused, "Just..." I watched him as his distorted reality tried to come back to him.

I know what he wants to say.

'Just like you murdered my son, Mael.'

I looked down again in guilt and began to chew my lower lip.

The day the real Mael died, dad was so frustrated and confused, he morphed his reality. He doesn't even know who or what is real. He has no idea his son is actually his daughter and that his real son is gone.

...

I looked down at my feet.

But dad is a victim, a victim of my actions... I'm not only Mael's criminal, I'm one for dad too and stepmother. I stole their son from them and I did it with my own hands...

I am my family's sinner.

He shook his head, then grabbed his temples, "What..." He let out an exasperated sigh, "Who took her to the hospital?" He glared at me, "Was there someone else there with you!?"

I shook my head, "It was a classmate," I replied, "Who found me on the road dragging mother." I tried to lie my way out of it by mixing a little bit of truth in it, "If he hadn't helped, mother would already be dead."

"Why did you stab her?" He relaxed a little, his defense mechanism probably kicked in.

"It was defensive..." I took a deep breath, "Not intentional." I licked my dry lips and he let out an exasperated sigh.

"The police are here." My heart skipped a beat and I shot my head towards him, "Give them your statement." And then it dropped to the pit of my stomach, "Then we're going to see your real mother," He glared at me, "Lana,"

"D-dad," My heart started pounding, "What are you going to do?" I finally raised my head to look at him but he stared back at me with a grim expression.

"I said," His voice was stern, "The police are waiting for you." He was clearly angry, "Leave."

***

In order to get the cops off our tail, the police had to be brought to the cabin in the woods. They were briefed about Lana, my biological mother and all this happened in jealousy and defense. Since mom couldn't communicate with the officers, I translated most of what she said.

The officers took our report and left. While dad and I stayed behind in the house. As soon as the cops were out of sight, mom ran to dad and hugged his back. The action astounded me because she embraced him with love.

The scene wasn't only confusing to me, it startled dad as well. Even Nolan, who stood quietly at one side had his eyes wide open in shock

"Lana," He called her name as he turned around to look at her, "No," He shook his head at her as he held her wrists and forced them off of himself.

Mom didn't like that. She glared at him and they looked at each other for a while. I squinted my eyes at them. There was something odd here. It felt like they were communicating.

I shook my head. That's not possible.

Mind link doesn't work in human form so why the hell are they both staring at each other?