What have I done?

>>Mael

I entered the house in the forest and frantically looked around for my mom. I knew she must be doing her own things so I went around to look for her. She wasn't in the lounge or her room but the clattering from the kitchen made me run there.

"Mom!!" I popped my head into the kitchen where she stood making herself a sandwich on the shelf. She hadn't noticed me yet, so I walked up to her and tapped her shoulder.

My action frightened her, she jumped when I touched her and shot her head at me but the moment she saw it was me she calmed down.

She let out a sigh of relief as she placed a hand on her chest.

I didn't see Nolan anywhere, so I'm guessing he probably went back to report to dad or do some groceries for mom. Otherwise, he's always here. Great timing I guess, I might just go back without anyone noticing.

Now that mom was directly in front of me, I couldn't control myself. I pushed myself into her and wrapped my arms around her which immediately resulted in me bawling my eyes out.

Her soft lavender scent made me ease into her and I cried like a baby. I had so much in my heart, I couldn't hold back. I wanted to tell her many things and talk to her and get her advice and her encouragement but I didn't get to do anything at all.

I didn't even get to cry properly because just a few seconds in and something worse wrapped my mind.

"What are you doing?" A cold sharp voice that I knew all too well came from behind me, alarming me.

Fear.

My heart skipped a beat and I stood up straight and shot my body in the other direction, and there stood my stepmother, in the doorframe of the kitchen.

"H-how?" That was the only word that came out of my mouth when I saw her angry face looking right back at us.

Rachel was never told where my mother lived. Just hearing about my mom would make her livid, so we all kept it to ourselves. But here she stood, right in front of us, now she knew exactly where mom was and the sight of my biological mother was making my stepmother go irate.

How did this happen?

My mom grabbed my shoulders in defense, even she knew this situation was bad but how did Rachel get here?

"I followed you," Mother spoke, "I came to take you to a doctor." My heartbeat began to speed up, "Then I saw you run out so I followed you."

It was sort of funny at this point. I must be a very stupid person, why else would everything go wrong around me? Everything, every single thing, just keeps going wrong.

"I was worried," Rachel took a step toward us, her anger rising by the second, and we both stepped back, "Why would you do this to me?" She asked with tears brimming inside her eyes. She was hurt and looking at her made me hurt.

"I-" I didn't have an answer.

"You promised to be my son." She took another step towards her and we stepped further back.

"I am your son!" I replied as I put a hand on my mom in defense, "This-" I glanced at my mom. She was terrified, "This is-" I gulped and looked back at Rachel.

I was scared, but ashamed as well for getting caught.

"You always come to meet her don't you?" A tear slipped down her cheek as she gritted her teeth. Then she bore her fangs, "You never accepted me as your mother." She shook her head at me making me feel like a sinner that I am.

"Mother," I raised my hands up as I noticed she was getting ready to shift, "Wait." I begged her, "Please,"

"No," She shook her head, "You already took enough from me.".