Chapter 30: Rude Awakening

A/N Hey so here's the update and this has a bit of twist. I don't know if this actually happen or would happen in life so don't go all cray on my bondakors lol
Enjoy!

________________________

Jared's P.O.V

We all went into Mia's hospital room, Connor had called up everyone else and they were on their way. Amanda was a mess, we were all a mess, but the good thing was Mia wasn't dead...she was just taking a really long nap. Well that's what I wanted to tell myself. She was in a coma, and the doctor didn't know when she would wake up. I'm praying to god soon, because not having Mia around is like not having the sun around. She was what made everyone smile, she was the one that would tease the hell out me and show me that girls aren't weak and some can take down a full grown ass man.

"Hey honey, the doctor said that you're okay...just in a coma," Amanda whispered moving Mia's hard out of the way. She had a bandage around her head, a cast on her right arm and cuts all over her body as well as bruises. I had to turn around because it hurt so much to see the strong Mia broken and hopeless. God I wish that was me, I wish that me in that bed instead of her. Wiping the tears that fell, I turn back around and look at Mia.

"Hey Little Bee, you gave us a scare back there. Could you do us the favour of waking up you lazy bum," Alexa joked. We all gave a small chuckle.

"Ya shorty you need to wake up, who else am I going to tease about being so short?" Connor jocked, hugging Alexa and looking at Mia. The room was silent all you could hear was her heart monitor beeping and her breathing.

"When I get my hands on who did this too you...god they are going to wish they never lived," my dad growled. He was hurt, he had got attached to Mia and already had considered her as his daughter. I'm sure he would've wanted to cause World War III, but he wanted to be strong for Amanda and Mia.

"I...I need some water or food," Amanda said.

"I do too.." Alexa whispered.

Connor and my dad nodded, they head towards the door. Connor stopped and looked at me.

"You coming?"

Taking a shaky breath I shake my head.

"No, no I..I need sometime with her." He nodded and closed the door. Looking at Mia, I felt the tears rush to my eyes again. Walking close to her, I pull a chair next to her, I grab her hand and kiss it. I look at her face and saw she was so pale, her face didn't hold that glow she held. Right there seeing her half dead, that's when I broke. The dam broke and tears after tears fell. I wouldn't care if someone came in and saw me like this. I wouldn't care if the damn president came and saw me like this.

"Mia...why...why did you run? Why didn't you stop before you got to the road," I asked pushing some if hair away, that kept falling.

"I'm sorry, that should've been me, I should've been the one that got hit by the car. You shouldn't have got hit, if I just ran a little faster, you would've been okay!" I sob out. I place my head gently on her chest. I just wanted to be near her, I need to know she wasn't going to die, and just vanish before my very eyes.

"You know Mia, you always managed to make me go crazy, but I like it. You give me a thrill, you're something different, not like all girls. You are independent, strong, funny, beautiful, and you have a big heart," I whispered, "You might not hear anything I say, maybe you will, but I'm begging you to fight and come back to us. We miss you...I miss you, you messing with me, deflecting my fail attempts of flirts. Or how you always have something to say to make me shut up. I miss your smile, your laugh and how your whole face would light up. You would always look breath taking, I love the fact that you dress like you're having a lazy day and don't give two shits what anyone says. You dress in comfort not like most girls, you aren't afraid to be yourself," I said, listing all the things I loved about her.