Mommy

We got a table for three at Luigi's and ordered drinks. Junior got a activity book and crayons that they hand out to kids. He was to busy coloring in a dinosaur to be bothered with us.

    Cris looked up from his menu and said "Let's go on vacation."

I raised my eyebrows and said "What?"

"Yeah let's go on vacation." he repeated

"Cris.. The season isn't even over yet... And you can't miss training or any games." I said

"No no like during the break I have in a week or two. We always have a two week break in the middle of the season." he explained

I thought about this for a minute and looked at him. He was serious. We haven't been away on vacation together before.. I mean there was away games but that's not the same..

"I mean I guess... Where to then vacation man?" I asked

"Hmm... I'll get back to you on that." he said deep in thought

      I shook my head with a smile on my face. The waitress came back with our drinks and asked if we were ready to order. But not before checking out Cris. I glared at her and said "Yes. Cris honey you go first."

     He gave me a look before ordering a salad, then junior ordered the kid size pizza, she took both of their orders with a smile. Then her gaze fell on me and turned cold. I smiled and said "Ceaser Salad please." She stalked off to put our orders in.

    "What was that?" Cris looked at me questioningly

"What?" I said looking confused

He laughed and said "Never mind."

   Junior stopped coloring and said "Mommy I colored this for you." And handed me a picture of a yellow dinosaur.

   I looked at him shocked. This is the first time he has ever called me Mommy. I brought my gaze to Cris who looked shocked but that turned into a grin. I shook my head slightly and said "Thanks sweetie."

   I met Cris's gaze and smiled slightly he returned my smile and took my hand under the table. I was still in shock when the look at another girl's man waitress came back and didn't even give her a glance. I couldnt take my eyes off the paper with the yellow dinosaur on it. It said To: Mommy From: Junior

    I finally came out of it and started to join the conversation with Cris and Junior about possible vacation destinations. We ate and laughed and had fun. We paid the check and got in the car to drive home.

   It took us fifteen minutes to get back to the house and Junior was asleep. It was only six o'clock but I can see why he's tired. It's been a long day.

    Cris got him out of his car seat and carried him into the house and up to his room. I walked up after him and started getting ready for bed. I took off my small amount of make-up and changed into pjs. I brushed my teeth and went back out into the bedroom.

   Cris was sitting down on the bed, when he saw me he smiled and said "He called you Mommy."

I couldn't help but smile and say "Yeah.... he did."

He got up and wrapped his arms around me and said "That doesn't bother you does it?"

"No of course not! I was just thinking you would be upset.." I replied hesitantly

   He looked at me for a moment which felt like forever and finally said "Why would I be upset? I love the fact he called you Mom. Considering his real mom was only interested in money and could care less about him. And seeing you play and take care of him makes me feel good. I know I can trust you with anything that involves him. And I know you love him as much as he loves you."

   I felt tears fill my eyes and I hugged him which he happily returned. I let him go so he could change and get ready for bed. While I pulled the covers back and got comfortable.

    He came out a couple minutes later and got into bed with me. He sighed and said "Man. I am exhausted."

"I bet. You had a long day." I said lightly

"And training in the morning." he said with a groan.

I turned and faced him and said "You'll survive.  I know you will."  And I kissed him on the cheek.

   He smiled weakly and turned off the light on the bedside table and turned to face me. He gave me the lightest of kisses and wrapped his arms around me tightly. Moments later I heard him snore lightly. I smiled and snuggled up into his warm arms and was asleep in seconds.

Ok so review please??? it would be awesome if you did!!!