Chapter 15

Cristiano has been in the hospital for three days now. I can tell he's getting frustrated and antsy. The team has been in and out since they found out. That's kept him pretty occupied and distracted.

I was sitting next to his bed as I usually do. I never usually leave unless they need me to. And then I just stand outside the door until I can resume my spot next to him.

"You getting sick of me yet?" I smiled at him. He looked at me seriously "Well I wasn't going to say anything but..."

I nodded "Okay.. I'll just go then." Getting up and walking out.

I waited till I heard him say "Oh come back in here!"

I laughed and walked back in to sit. He looked at me with laughter in his eyes. I took his hand and sighed "You know you don't have to stay with me all the time, not that I don't love being around you but I can tell your tired..." he said softly

I bit my lip and shook my head "No I'm not that tired. I've been sleeping here." He looked at me questioningly then looked at the chair I was sitting in "You and I my love have very different definitions of sleep. See I define it as being comfortable.  And not sleeping in a hard plastic chair." He countered

"Look I'm fine." Seeing as he was raising his eyebrow at me I needed to prove my point "What? Do you want me to go home and be alone?

"I didn't say that, you know my mother Junior or Katia would stay with you... I don't want you to think you have to stay here with me. You should be leaving here at night to go home and sleep." He said quietly

"I don't want to leave." I said firmly. He sighed and brought my hand up to his mouth as he kissed it. I heard him grumble something about being the most stubborn person in the world. I gave him a hard look "I am not stubborn!"

He then laughed. Quite hard. This went on for at least three minutes. I smacked his arm lightly "Shutup." I grumbled.

He took a deep breath and wiped his eyes "Rach you are seriously the most stubborn person in the world hands down."

I just shook my head and put my head down.

____________________________

  The doctor came in not long after and asked if Cris was okay enough to talk about possible release from the hospital. Of course he was all to eager.

"Right well we have stopped the bleeding so it shouldn't be happening again. And your cuts on your face have been healing excellently!  So I'm predicting we can get you out of here maybe by tomorrow." The doctor said

"And training? Will I be able to train again by say Friday?" Cris asked eagerly

"Well... I don't think so.... you could get your stitches out then yes. I would say you could return to training maybe next Friday. At the earliest."

He sighed "I guess that'll do."

"But we will need to see you back here Friday to get your stitches out and just for a check up."

I nodded as the doctor walked back out. "This is good! This is great! "

"It's not so good. Not so great. Friday is the Barcelona game." He said clearly irritated

I pursed my lips and looked ay him pointedly "Cristiano. You heard what the doctor said. No playing. No training. Next Friday you can start all that again."

____________________________

*2 days later*

Rachel POV

    Cris has been home since yesterday. And has been so antsy and bored. I can't tell you what a relief it is that Junior has been keeping him busy by playing Wii with him.

I was in the kitchen when Cris came in. He sat down at the island with a sigh. "Hungry?" I asked

He shook his head "Bored." I sighed "I'm sure Junior would love to play cars with you. Or Wii, maybe watch a movie, something."

"Yes and I have been doing that since I got home yesterday!" He practically yelled

This caused Junior to come in. I glared at Cris "It's not supposed to get boring playing with your son." I said quietly so only he could hear.

He looked at me shocked and went over and picked Junior up and walked out.

*later that night*

Cris put Junior to bed early that night. I was getting ready for bed. He stalked in and got into bed since he was already in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walked out of the bathroom and got into bed next to him.

I looked at him "You feel okay? Need any pain medication before bed?"

He looked at me coldly "Do I seem okay to you?  Do you think I need pain medication?"

What. The hell. "Why are you giving me an attitude?! What did I do?"

"Your not a nurse Rachel!! Stop acting like it!"

What the fuck. "I never said I was!! I'm just trying to make sure your okay. Your comfortable. Your not in pain."

"Yeah well I'm fine. If you haven't noticed I'm not a child. I can take care of myself." He said anger evident in his voice

"Oh I'm so sorry.  Please forgive me for caring. Wow. That is definitely not something you hear every day."

"Your not my mother. Stop acting like it."

My mouth dropped in surprise. What the hell is his problem. What did I do? It wasn't my fault he had the accident. I wish he didn't!

I sat up and threw the covers off me and got up. "You know. I sat there for a week. Never leaving. Never going home. I stayed by your bed the entire time. And excuse me for trying to make sure your okay." I said walking out of the room and checking on Junior before walking into the spare bedroom.

I dragged a hand down my face.

Him and his mood swings.

Okaaay so hello!!

I am here to say if anyone has any suggestions or anything please let me know!!!!

Thanks for reading