Respect

I'm writing because I'm upset about Cristiano's red card today.

1.  All the people who are hating on him. And saying that Ronaldo fans are defending him too much.

The thing is that Cristiano never lashes out like that. It's very rare when he does.

2. The Barça fans are saying "Messi - 2 goals 2 assists; Neymar- 2 goals 2 assists. Ronaldo- 3 punches 1 kick 1 red card"

Oh? Like Messi and Neymar have never gotten a red card? Never made a mistake?

3. They are also saying "Respect? Okay"

We say that because he apologized. He admitted he was wrong.

Not a lot of people have the balls to actually do that. That is why we respect him.

4. Right after the game he wrote an apology.

He is a respectful guy.

5. "This just shows his arrogance"

How can anybody say that? Do you know him personally? Have you ever hung out with him for a day to clarify that he is in fact arrogant?

6. The Cordoba players are also at fault.

Picture attached explains that. Both players are holding him like they are bringing him into jail. Be completely honest who wouldn't lash out? And I'm sure there was trash talking going on.

7. He is a striker. His job is to score. We all know that when Cristiano doesn't do that he beats himself up. Blames himself. He was obviously frustrated and upset. He feels that when he doesn't score it would be his fault if the team lost.

8. This is his what first ever red card this season? And how many yellow cards has he had?

My point - We all make mistakes. You, me, Cristiano, Messi, Neymar and everyone else in this entire world. And the fact that the "arrogant" player got a red card today gives it more attention. 

Real Madridstas stand behind him no matter what. Whether its a yellow card. A red card. A suspension. An injury. Whatever. We stand behind him because we respect him. And accept him. Because he is who he is. He isn't perfect (although he may look it). He isn't a robot that is programmed to not make mistakes. He's human. Just like you. Just like me.

FORGIVE AND FORGET. WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. BUT NOT ALL OF US CAN ADMIT IT AND APOLOGIZE FOR IT.

AND FOR THAT #RESPECT.

"Those who know me, those who have spent the day with me, know I am nice guy."  -Cristiano Ronaldo CSN Interview 4 years ago