22 - My sweet

(Nero's PoV)

Fists braced against the wall, I struggle internally before finally managing to push myself away from the girl. I have never tasted anything like her before. Just that one taste of her blood causes my own to blaze with desire. It is akin to several hours of play and the need in me is bordering on painful.

Why am I in my study when I can be in the more pleasurable surroundings of my special chamber? For it is only next door. I grab her wrist and walk over to the fireplace, where my fingers automatically find the black engraved wolf figurine. The bookshelf opens up to reveal the secret passage.

I push her inside and pull the door closed behind us. She stumbles in the darkness, but I know the way and reach around her to release the catch. The hidden door swings outwards and we are greeted by the welcoming sight of whips and chains.

My companion freezes and her shoes squeak on the floor as I force her out. I sense her urge to flee, but I cannot have that for I want to take my time. She struggles futilely against my hold as I pick her up and carry her over to where I can restrain her.

Soon bound, she is completely at my mercy. The rising panic in her eyes and panting breaths leave me even more aroused.

"Please," she begs. "I don't know where the Light is. Please believe me."

She flinches when I raise my hand to stroke her hair. "Hush my sweet. I am not interested in the Light."

The silver dagger flashes in the torch light and I revel in the sensation as the blade cuts into her tender flesh; a diagonal downwards slash followed by an upwards motion. She strains against the ropes and the reek of fear is really quite intoxicating.

I stand back to admire my initial carved above her heart. She is mine now.

The temptation of the rivulet of blood, curling down into her cleave, is too much and I bend forward to take another taste. Filled with darkness, yet surprisingly sweet. If I do not look upon her, I could image that I am supping from elven nobility.

Enflamed, I press against her and she begs me to stop. Oh, I do like it when they beg.

I wipe a tear from her cheek and explain the simple truth, "My sweet, you belong to me now."

My fingers idly trace over the bruises already blossoming around her wrist where I held her a little too tight; such soft skin and so easily damaged. Given that she bears little witness to yesterday's beating it would seem that she carries quite an incredible gift of healing.

The dark possibilities send my mind racing and I bestow her with a wicked smile. "My sweet, what delicious games we can play."

Just as I am deliberating what to try first, there is a bold knocking upon on the main door. I thunder, my voice thick with fury, "Who dares disturb me?"

The captain responds, "Sire, the High King wishes to speak with you ... immediately."

I had completely forgotten about the king. Turning away from the source of my temptation, I take several deep breaths to regain my composure and walk back through the passage into my study.

The magic mirror is now displaying the image of the High King. His lips are pressed tight and his golden eyes are practically blazing with anger.

"I do not like to be kept waiting," he snaps.

I bow in placation. "Your Majesty, I was trying to determine the girl's bloodline."

"I did not realise that you were such an expert."

I steeple my fingers. "It is quite a passion of mine. The dark elf within her is from a powerful line."

The king raises an eyebrow. "Curious. Dark elves are normally dominant, yet she shows no outward signs of such lineage. But then you were unable to get into her head."

I maintain a cool exterior, while inside I seethe at the slight, for dark elves are indisputably the superior race. It rankles to have to defer to him, an elfling born by the light elven queen, Celestia. My true allegiance lies with Morpheus, king of the dark elves.

Still, he has afforded me privileges, so must be suffered and I do want something. With something approaching a smile, I request, "Sire, I would like to keep the girl."

"I will have to think on it, Nero. I may have use of her. Furthermore, Rowan has already petitioned me about the girl, apparently her brother Oren is quite taken with her."

"Perhaps you should keep your plaything muzzled!" I snap, my composure slipping for a moment.

The king's tone becomes almost as sharp as my dagger. "My companions are high-born ladies. I will not have you cast aspersions upon them."

He pinches the bridge of his nose. "The High Priestess of the Crystal Temple has also insisted that the girl be freed."

"I thought that she was under a vow of silence," I respond surprised by this news.

I wonder, why would she break her vow? It makes no sense, even if the girl's healing abilities are of interest to the sisterhood, one of the other priestesses could speak in her stead.

"No more, it would seem and her tongue has certainly lost none of its acidity for lack of use." The king fixes me with a steely look. "I have also had to contend with Queen Seraphina complaining about a poisoned dragon."

I shrug. "You asked for the girl to be captured and it was done. The dragon had to be incapacitated, otherwise all would have been in vain."

"Very well. Listen, Nero you need to keep the girl intact."

I clench my jaw, but do not respond.

The king tuts, "Now, now Nero, do not act like I have taken away your new play thing. Until I know what part she plays in this riddle, she will remain an innocent. I will also observe her again tomorrow. Alone this time."

"Your Majesty..." I go to argue but am cut off with a wave of his hand.

"Nero, it has been a very trying day and I have more pleasurable business to attend to."

The mirror shimmers before going flat. I want to cause immeasurable harm to something, but my sweet. I do not want to break her too soon. I will have to amuse myself elsewhere tonight.

It is embittering to be constrained. One way or another she shall remain mine. I certainly will not cede her to that Emerald Isle fop.

I storm back through the passage into the chamber and pull out my dagger meaning to cut the girl's bonds. She trembles so beautifully that I grab a fistful of her hair, holding her head in place, whilst my lips ravenously attack hers.

There is a sense of disapproval radiating from my captain, though he is wise enough not to voice any criticism. He does not understand. Perhaps I shall be magnanimous and allow him a taste of my sweet. Alternatively, I may give him a taste of my displeasure.

After releasing my new favourite, I escort her up to the tower room. The door is warded so that only one whom I have sanctioned may use the key.

I am greeted with a hiss from the eagle; I had almost forgotten about my other 'guest' at Corinth. Ignoring him, I trace a fingertip over my mark upon the girl's chest. Remarkably the wound is already starting to knit together. Before I can get too distracted, the eagle beats its wings against the golden bars.

I laugh and nodding toward the cage, tell her, "You seem to have a champion."

I cannot resist walking over to the cage and taunting him, "She is so innocent, so sweet. Do you want to watch while I play with her?"

The eagle crouches low, hissing again, its talons flexing on the perch. This could be amusing, kill two birds with one stone, so to speak. My foul mood from earlier lifting, I lock them in and pocketing the key, whistle as I descend to my chambers.

...............

AN - the song is Can you Feel My Heart by Bring Me The Horizon.
Sorry - a disturbing peek into Nero's mind. Elissa has gone from being despised to desired due to the dark elven blood in her veins! Still, at least she has influential advocates.