Christopher St Claire

Christopher was sitting on his bed, his curtains closed the lights off and his head in his hands. He hated himself. Tears of self-loathing dripped off his chin to the wooden floor. Dragging his fingers through his short blonde hair he looked up at the closed door wishing himself anywhere but in his apartment where a party was in full swing. Standing up he entered his ensuite washing his face, dragging more gel through his hair and smiled...it didn't reach his eyes. Taking a deep breath Christopher stood behind his bedroom door.
Opening it, the blast of hip-hop music and loud voices yelling to each other, made him wince. He joined all his mate with a cheeky grin.
"She's delicious," laughed Travis when Christopher grabbed a girl and tugged her onto the dance floor, pulling her close they ground their bodies together. He let his right hand slide over his firm bottom, lifting her closer, nuzzling her soft skin under her ear.
"Hey," he whispered.
"Hey," she smiled up at him, inhaling his woodsy scent. "What's your name?"
"Chris. What about you, my lovely," he nibbled along her shoulder, his teeth tugging her ear making her gasp. 
"Gabby," she pushed her breasts closer. Chris groaned hoping she believed his show.
"You dance good, Gabby." he twirled her about pulling her back close grinding his hips into hers before turning her around, tugging her butt against his groin hoping his shaft would give some response to this beautiful woman.
Nothing. He bit his lip, twirling her away again, grabbing her hand he nodding, indicating they go somewhere quiet. Walking down the hall they left his apartment and he showed her to a private residents lounge. Opening the door he escorted the giggling Gabby inside shutting and locking the door while she pressed her body against him looping her hands around his neck.
"Kiss me, Chris," she whispered, standing on tip-toes brushing her lips over his.
He'd done this so many times, yet he couldn't pretend anymore. He tried. Lowering his lips to hers, he nibbled her bottom lip waiting for her to respond which she did with the expected excitement. She flicked her tongue over his lips pushing between until he opened, accepting the kiss. She was passionate little thing. Chris tried, closing his eyes but it was no good. He broke the kiss, pushing her away and sat on the sofa behind him.
"I sorry. I can't."
"What the hell," she snapped. "You touch and tease me then go cold."
"It's not you, Gabby. You're gorgeous. Stunning, in fact. I - I'm not sure what's going on. He hung his head, his hands between his legs.
"I'll give you a blow job."
"Nope," he shook his head. "Just go. Find yourself a nice man to love."
"Whatever," she stomped her feet and left, slamming the door behind her. 
He got up locking the door. Preferring the privacy, knowing they'd soon hear he'd rejected her. His head back on the wall, his fists clenched in pure frustration he didn't hear the knocking on the door until it became a thumping noise. opening the door he stood face to face with one of the most beautiful women he'd ever seen. She slapped his face, shoving him back inside, and slammed the door while glaring at him.
"What the hell's wrong with you?" she snapped.
"And you are?"
"Brandi, Gabby's best friend. You've made her cry. She's a right mess. You shouldn't play with peoples emotions."
"What about mine? You ever considered my emotions, Brandi. How I'm feeling. What I'm feeling," he snapped back."
"You. Made. Her. Cry!" she shouted.
"Well go and give her some comfort, because I can't," he replied. "I don't know why," he finally admitted with a whisper. "She's beautiful, though for some reason I'm not interested."
"What about me?"
"Huh?"
"Do you fancy me? Kiss me. Fuck me?"
"No. I don't even like you let alone know you, Brandi."
"Wow. You're such an asshole," she backed out of the lounge, storming back to the party, the door snapping shut behind her.
"Whoa man. What's wrong with you? Mr Lorintho having an off night!" laughed Travis, patting his back. "Come back to the party man. You need some beer and a woman. I see you weren't successful with the last one you grabbed."
"Travis, you're such a prat at times. When i go back, the party's over so you'd best leave me here."
"Seriously man," he raised his left eyebrow. "The fun's only just beginning."
"Sod off Travis."
"Whatever. Your loss," Travis shoved his hands in his pockets wandering back to their shared apartment.
Chris shut the door and lay back on the sofa, his hands behind his head, his eyes closed he thought back to when things started to change. He'd always been popular with the ladies with his cheerful smile and sparkling eyes. He knew he looked good, athletics had given him muscles and a trim waist. Long legs helped with the running he still liked to do before work.

It must have been a few hours later when he became aware of another person in the room. Opening his eyes he sat up, squinting in the bright light. He finally saw a strange man sitting across from him.
"Are you all right?" the man said.
"What...yeah. Did you want something? Sorry, I fell asleep."
"You look good when you're asleep."
"Pardon?"
"I said you look good when you're asleep. Content."
"Wish i was in reality. How long have you been sitting there and who are you?"
"About an hour." he chuckled at Christopher's shock.
"Bit creepy don't you think. Watching someone."
"This was the only lounge..."
"Free. Except i was in here asleep."
"I'm Julian Vere. Live upstairs."
"The penthouse. Didn't realise it had a tenant. Anyway, I'm Christopher St Claire. Live down the hall. I suppose you heard the party, probably still in full swing."
"Nope, it's all quiet."
"Good. I need some sleep. I've got work in the morning," Chris stretched and yawned as he sat up not seeing Julian's eyes caress his body. "No doubt I'll see you another time."
"Pity you can't stay. I was enjoying our conversation."
"Fine, i suppose another half hour won't hurt."
"How long have you lived here? I can't say I've seen you around," said Julian. 
"Since i finished University. Working at...Hold on did you say your Julian Vere, as in 'The Julian Vere' who owns..."
"Yeah," he laughed. "Means you work for me i suppose?"
"Bloody hell," Chris paled.
"Don't worry about it. I won't tell if you don't tell."
"B-b-but you're my b-b-boss."
"What do you do?"
"G-graphic Designer," he bit his lip.
Seeing Chris bite his lip bugged Julian who'd been trying hard to relax his body which was twitching, his heart rate increased desire slicing through his body.
"Don't bite your lip, Christopher," Julian said. "You'd better go to bed."
"W-what? I thought you wanted to talk?"
"Another time. Now go." he snapped.
"Whatever man." Chris slammed out of the private lounge, not hearing Julian's moan as he started to stroke his shaft under his trousers.
"Damn him." He muttered, forcing himself out of the chair and back to his cold empty penthouse.