First Date with Virginia

Julian Vere didn't have a brilliant childhood. His siblings were spoilt rotten by his mother and his step-father. His mother tried to portray herself a better than she was and his father had married a silly young woman who'd tried to seduce him continuously.  He loathed her and everything she stood for. Telling her he was busy was the best way to get out of her clutches, though he still tried to do the decent thing and meet on neutral ground a few times a year, just to keep his father happy. A father he couldn't really care for.

He was looking forward to having coffee with Ms Costello and getting to know the lush young woman and her curves. He hoped she didn't mind him taking her out tonight. Thank goodness it was Friday. He wanted to keep her to himself all weekend.
"Slow down tiger," he chuckled. First, he had to work out how to convince her to go out tonight. Being the owner of the building had its advantages, he knew which apartment she lived in. Picking up his phone he called his favourite florist ordering a small bouquet of white roses with a small fluffy toy. Not quite his usual foray into a relationship, however, he didn't want to scare her away.

Virginia staggered into her apartment building, windswept and wet, her hair hanging like limp rags. Looking towards the elevator she groaned. It was still out of order making her wish she'd not stopped for groceries. Sighing she headed for the stairs clattering up them until her feet hurt. On level four she kicked off her shoes and went barefoot, humming a tune to help take away the pain in her shoulders. As she reached level eight the lights went out.
"Crap," she muttered. Slowing down she made it to the ninth floor kicking open the stairwell door, staggering through the door into the lit hallway she stood blinking, dropping the bags to the ground so she could hunt out her keys. Grabbing everything she arrived at her door, opening it when she espied the white roses. "Pretty," she threw her bags inside the apartment and bent down to pick up the flowers. The fluffy toy made her smile. "I wonder who sent these," she frowned moving through her door and closing it. Placing the flowers on the dining table she shed her coat wandering through her bedroom to the ensuite for a hot shower. Twenty minutes later with a hot coffee, she pulled the card from the roses and opened it.

Hope you are still available for coffee tonight. I'll pick you up at eight...Julian

"Oh wow," she murmured. "I thought he was joking." looking at her watch she gasped. She had half an hour to get ready and she'd not eaten anything either. "Shit."
Hurrying into her bedroom she grabbed her best skin tight jeans and a cashmere top, brushing her hair into a french braid before putting a new coat of lip gloss on. 
A knock on the door made her pause, she walked slowly to the door a bright smile on her face and opened it. Julian Vere stood there dressed casually in black trousers and a grey shirt.
"You look beautiful, Virginia." he held out his hand. "Should we go?"
"Well, i couldn't exactly refuse when there was no phone number to ring."
"Sorry about that," he smiled.
"No, you're not. Needless to say, I've not eaten yet so instead of coffee lets go for dinner...if you dare be seen with me," she replied.
"I wouldn't have asked you for coffee if I'd not wanted to be seen with you, Virginia. I don't mind taking you for dinner at all. I do hope you aren't one of the salad women who poke at their food and pretend to eat."
Virginia laughed hard. "With these curves, damn you're good Mr Vere."
"Please call me Julian," he took her hand in his, escorting her to the elevator.
"These don't work," she said.
"Yes, they do. I had them mended, they've been working on them all day."
"You mean I walk up nine floors for nothing!"
"I've no idea. Did you?"
"Never mind let's get moving before my stomach grumbles any more."
Entering the elevator he placed his right hand around her waist, pulling her into his side. Virginia giggled as the doors close.
"What are you..."
He turned to face her, his left hand tilting her chin up so their eyes met. "I want to kiss you, Virginia. May I?"
"Kiss me. Why?"
"You interest me. You're beautiful, elegant, calm and please, let me kiss  you."
"Okay," she smiled stepping into his arms, looping her hands behind his neck. "Kiss me then, Julian."
Julian tilted his head to one side, lowering his mouth to hers. Their lips touched softly, Virginia sighed into the kiss moaning softly as he nibbled his way across her bottom lip, enticing her to open her mouth and let him in. She offered her mouth to him, pressing closer as he cupped her head with one hand and her bottom with the other so she was tight against his body. Her fingers tightened in his hair when he thrust his tongue into her mouth. She'd never been kissed like this before and didn't know how to respond. Julian sensing her withdrawal, teased his tongue against hers encouraging her to do the same. Tentatively she pushed against his and was about to thrust into his mouth when the elevator pinged, making her jump back, biting her lip in shock at how easy he'd made love to her mouth.
Taking her trembling hand he escorted her into the foyer, nodding to the doorman. "Your car is waiting, sir."
"Thanks," he opened an umbrella, drawing Virginia against him and under the umbrella.
"I'm not sure this is a good idea," she whispered.
"It's a perfect idea. Please don't let on kiss scare you off."
"I've...I've never been kissed like that before."
"I know. I could tell," he smiled down at her as he helped her into the back seat of his car and slid in after her.
"It was nice."
"You are simply gorgeous, Virginia." he placed a quick kiss on her lips and turned to the driver. "Hotel Regina, Craig."
"Yes, sir."
"Julian. I'm not dressed for such a posh place," she looked down at her clothes. 
"You look beautiful. Now stop worrying and enjoy your evening." he raised her hand, turning it and kissing her palm. He nearly laughed at Virginia's expression. Looking at her silently he rubbed his thumb over her palm wondering if this woman could be the one. I knew without a doubt she wa sexually innocent, however, how innocent was she?"
"I don't know what to make of you, Julian."
"Just enjoy yourself. That's all I ask."
"We're here, sir."
"Thank you, Craig."
Julian got out, assisting Virginia slide over the seat, swing her legs round and step onto the pavement. He smiled. A lady through and through. Putting her hand on his arm, he escorted her into the restaurant area where the Maitre D met them with a smile. 
"This way, sir, ma'am." He took them to a secluded table. Sitting them he handed out two menus. "Would sir care for his usual wine?"
"Please, and a coffee for the lady," he smiled.
"Certainly." he turned to Virginia, "what kind would you prefer?"
"Expresso please."
"Good choice. I'll send a waiter to take your orders in ten minutes."
"Thank you, Marcel."
The Maitre D walked away and they both looked over the menus.
"Do you hide all your dates, or just me?"
"What? No, of course not. I thought we could get to know each other without being interrupted. If you wish another table then I'll ask Marcel to arrange it."
"This is fine. I'm just been my silly old self."
"Tell me about you!"
"Nothing to tell. Only child of loving older parents who didn't know how to cope with a tearaway teen who wanted to try everything. I was bullied at school, which made me stronger as a person. I work in hell and wish i didn't."
"What do you wish to do?"
"Be anywhere but in a typing pool. I have my Masters in Business and Computing. However, it's the only job I could get. I'm bored, the boss is above himself and doesn't treat his staff well.  What about you?"
"You already know I'm a self-made millionaire."
"How did you do it?"
"Hard work and part luck. I'm actually from...what people call, the wrong side of the tracks." he chuckled at her shock. "I got a scholarship to Havard for Computer Science and Business. During one class we had to start a business, they gave us all one-thousand pounds and we had to turn it into ten-thousand. I accidentally made my first million. They were so impressed they let me keep the profit which helped set me up for life. If it wasn't for them I'd not be where I am today."
"Wow, that's some story," she smiled, her eyes lit up with interest. He took her hand rubbing her knuckles when their waiter arrived.
"What would you like to order, Virginia?"
"Steak, medium rare, please," she smiled at the waiter not seeing him blush.
"Y-yes, ma'am. Julian tried hard not to smirk.
"I'll have the cod in the white wine sauce."
The waiter nodded and hurried away.
"You really don't realise how beautiful you are. Do you?"
"Huh?"
"Never mind. Tell me about your job? What would you rather be doing instead?"
"I loathe my job, however, it pays the bills. I don't have time to look for the job i want due to the long hours and poor pay. Like many others, I'm stuck in a vicious cycle of going nowhere."
"Where are you working?"
"Thadiun Enterprises. The place is modern, fast-paced, hard work with...as i said crap wages."
"I've heard of them," his eyes darkened in anger, he tried not to show. "What would you do if you could?"
"Anything with a computer. I adore them. Typing is boring. Anyway enough about me time to eat," she smiled widely as their plates were delivered. "This looks amazing."
"Food here is usually fantastic. Enjoy." From under his eyelashes, he watched her obvious enjoyment of food. It was a hell of a turn on, his body hummed with need. Sipping his wine just so he could see her eating dainty amounts, moaning as the flavours intermingled with each other. Biting his tongue he adjusted his hard shaft when she rolled her eyes with pleasure.
"This is the best steak I've ever had."
"You are the best company I've ever had. Please stop moaning like that. It's doing my head in," he muttered. Virginia giggled.
"Really?"
"Yes. I want to ravish you, Virginia." She dropped her fork, staring at him, eyes wide in shock.
"So this is where you're hiding out tonight Julian," purred a female voice.
Julian closed his eyes and wished her gone. Opening them again he found she was still there.
"Charmaine, if you don't mind I'd like to continue my evening without you present."
"A new fuck buddy?" she turned to Virginia. "He's exceptional in bed. Huge cock to play with, darling. Enjoy him while you can," her eyes moved over Virginia's curves, "you won't last." She walked away, blowing a kiss to Julian before disappearing from sight.
"Lovely woman friends you have, Julian." she laughed.
"Strange reaction you have," he smirked. "Needless to say she isn't a friend, just an ex-lover who doesn't want to be an ex."
"I'm not surprised. You're a handsome man."
"Thank you. Would you care for some dessert?"
"I'd better not. The thought of driving you over the edge with desire on our first time out is probably not a good idea."
"I'll cope. I can behave," he chuckled. "I'm good like that."
"Yeah sure."
"Let's go. Time to get you to bed."
"I'm not going to bed with you, Julian."
"I didn't mean it like that," he scowled. "I meant, get you home for your beauty sleep."
"Sorry, Julian." She took his arm and they wound there way through the restaurant laughing about life in general. Paying for the meal, he opened the door and ran across the footpath into the waiting car.
"Thank's Craig."
"Where to, sir?"
"Home."
He nodded and was soon pulling in at the apartment block. Getting out with an Umbrella, he held it over the door as his boss and friend got out of the car. Handing it over with a smile he watched them enter the building with a sigh.

Julian escorted Virginia back to her apartment, she leant against the door, licking her lips, wondering if she dare kiss him when Julian brushed a light kiss over her mouth and stepped back.
"I'd like to go out with you again, Virginia."
"I'd enjoy that. Thank you for a lovely evening."
"You're welcome." he started off down the hallway then paused, hearing her door open he hurried back only for the door to shut in his face. "Damn. I must be losing it." Going up several floors he found the private lounge, opening the door he sat in a comfy chair, deep in thought until he heard a quiet snore from the opposite side of the room. He looked over and smiled. The man on the couch was gorgeous. Crossing his legs he decided to wait.