Under Arrest and the New CEO

Charmaine was pissed off. Her lawyers were useless and she was going to trial for arson and destroying private property. She'd tried to implicate her older brother to no avail. The videos had disappeared for a start and here she was sitting in a prison suit being interviewed by the police while her brother got the top job as CEO at Thadiun Enterprise. How the fuck he'd managed that was beyond her considering he was more of a playboy than a businessman he pretended to be.
"Start at the beginning please Ms Hatton."
"What do you want to know?"
"Why did you destroy Mr Vere's apartment and try to destroy his home."
"I didn't do either."
"We have evidence which shows you doing both, Ms Hatton."
"You don't have to answer," said her latest lawyer.
"Yes I know." she rolled her eyes. "I'd like to see the evidence and I'd like you to prove it is me and also that the evidence isn't photoshopped or whatever...just so you can put someone in prison. You see i will sue you and Mr Vere for false imprisonment."
"You can try, though we all know you did the deeds and we have all the evidence needed to put you away for at least ten years."
"May I talk to my client for a moment please," said her lawyer.
"Sure. Let us know when you leave," the detectives grinned at each other as the interview room door shut.
"What did they mean by that?"
"What were you going to say?" Charmaine replied.
"Why are you baiting them. You know nobody can get you off these charges. There's far to much evidence against you..."
"You're fired," she said.
"Pardon?"
"F.I.R.E.D."
"Right. Good luck. I hope they take you down for twenty years," he snapped and left. "She's all yours detective."
"We thought you'd last a bit longer than the others."
"It seems not. I doubt there's anyone else who'll take her on. Quite the temperamental bitch isn't she."
"No comment."
"She needs taking down a peg or two. Good luck."
The detectives looked at each other, shaking their heads and laughed. "Now what do we do?"
"You prosecute the bitch," snapped a tiny blonde haired woman glaring at them.
"And you are?"
"Mrs Vere."
"We didn't know Mr Vere had gotten married..."
"I'm Julian's stepmother and Ms Hatton was once a friend until she ruined my life with the Vere family."
"If you come this way perhaps you can tell us why you are here."
"I'd be bloody delighted."
"Do you mind if we tape this?"
"Sure."
The lead detective turned on the recording and spoke. "Could you give us your full name address and then explain why you are here."
"Minette Vere. I'm married to Julian Vere's father and have three children. I came here to tell you about how corrupt Ms Hatton is and pass on a video she wanted hiding until 'the time is right', her words, not mine."
"What's the video?"
"I videoed Ms Hatton and Mr Vere having sex during their dinner. In exchange for doing this, she'd organised for me to have sex with my stepson. Now as you can see," she waved her hands over her body, "I have a great body and i thought I could use it to get Julian's interest. He wasn't interested. As far as he was concerned I'm his father's wife and there it ends, except it didn't. I lusted after what i couldn't have and stupidly got involved with Charmaine Hatton who was after revenge."
"Why's she after revenge?"
"Because he dumped her after our fuck fest. It's on video though I never gave Ms Hatton a copy. Nobody's seen it. It was also my phone which recorded my...session with Julian."
"What did he do when he found out?"
"Threw us both out. He's not really spoken to me since."
"I'm not surprised," muttered the other detective.
"I'm not either." she sighed.
"How do you think this helps us?"
"Well this video won't and i will be deleting it. However, during our meetings to arrange this she mentioned her brother Samuel had placed cameras in the penthouse to tape Julian's sexual adventures with his new lovers. I have no idea how true it is."
"We'll talk to him. I know extra cameras were found." said the lead detective.
"What do you know about Samuel Hatton?" his partner said.
"He's a nice man and would do anything for his sister whom he adores."
"He's charmed by her. Does he know he's been used?"
"You'd have to ask him."
"We will. Do you know where to find him?"
"No, sorry. Ask Julian they went to University together."
"Yet he filmed him. Bloody hell he has weird friends."
"No idea if they are still friends, detective. That's your job to find out. I must go," she picked up her coat and strode out the interview room narrowly missing Charmaine being taken back to the cells.