Trials and Tribulations

Charmaine was in the main TV area when everyone hushed, watching the news. Taking her nose out of her paperwork she looked up, her eyes lighting up seeing the images of Julian and his two lovers cavorting on screen. She burst out laughing, startling everyone close by. They glared at her.
"Shut the fuck up, this is good shit."
"Yeah, I know it is. He's my ex-boyfriend. A fab fuck."
"Sure he was," she tittered and went back to the TV.

"A statement just in from Mr Vere." said the newsreader. 
Julian stepped up to a microphone. "Our unique family will stand together through thick and thin due to the love we have for each other. At this time I'm announcing my engagement to Ms Virginia Costello while my other lover is enjoying his relationship with his own life partner. Along with this Chris, Virginia and I would like to announce our family will be extending in a few months with twins. We are proud of our relationship. We have no concern about what others think. In the long run, I'd like to thank my ex-girlfriend...Ms Charmaine Hatton, for fucking me over and making me look for love and finding it.  I'll see you in court, darling."
"On another note. Ms Hatton is charged with assault, arson along with a few minor charges. Her trial will be held..."

"Shit, what the hell did you do, girl? He's a beautiful man."
"She's fucking pregnant," Charmaine snarled. "I'll fucking..." she tossed a table upside down scattering her paperwork, guards came running. She kicked and screamed as they took her back to her cell, other inmates laughing at her attitude.
Back in the lounge area, the prisoner who told her to shut the fuck up started picking up Charmaine's paperwork. Taking a glance she stopped and began to read when a guard walked up.
"Hurry up with that, Cara, get it in the bin unless it's yours. She made a right bloody mess."
"Mine. She knocked it..."
"I don't care, get rid of it."
"Sure." Cara finished collecting the paperwork, putting it in the folder she found and hurried off to her cell to read. If what she'd read so far was correct, Charmaine was in deep shit and her ex-boyfriend could be in danger. "What the fuck to do. I'm a prison inmate, nobody will believe me unless," she smiled knowing what to do, perhaps he'd help her, there again maybe not. She didn't like Charmaine, a woman who thought she was better than everyone else. Someone was sure to punch her sooner or later.
Taking out an envelope from her stash she put the paperwork inside it, putting Mr Vere's name on the front. It would be easy enough to find his address in the library in the morning. She had a few privileges now and the half hour internet time was put to good use, usually talking to her baby girl. She knew they checked what she did, but it didn't matter. With all the news about Mr Vere, it wouldn't make many people overly curious. Smiling she lay back on her bed, picking up her favourite book to read until dinner time.

Charmaine was still screaming and shaking the bars of her cell. Finally, the head guard came down glaring at her.
"Shut it, Ms Hatton, before someone shut's it for you."
"Get me the fuck outta here! I want to..."
"Not happening. At this rate, you'll be here for the next twenty fucking years. Your trial starts next week, get yourself sorted." and stormed off.
Clenching her fists, she sat on her bed wondering if she could still pull off her plan. She looked around for her file, her eyes widened in horror.
"Shit," curling into a ball she cried like the child she used to be. "Daddy, help me."
"Nobody's going to help a bitch like you. Ruining peoples live just because you can't have what you want. You're nothing but a spoilt brat and I hope karma bites your butt."
A book hit the cell bars as the woman continued towards the dining area, the bell was still ringing, cell doors open. Staggering to her feet Charmaine tried to get out of her cell only to be pushed and shoved back inside by the other prisoners until she was the only one left. Head and shoulders down in defeat she moved to the dining room for her tray of food. The whole room went silent as she entered, stumbling over prisoners feet until someone kicked her butt and she landed on her knees. Tears streaked her face as she stood back up continuing on her way. She fell twice more before she got to the server who handed her a tray of food...which looked disgusting, she turned walking several steps when her tray lifted tipping the food down her front. She sighed. Glancing at the large chested woman, anger slowly built within her. Taking hold of the tray she whacked the woman across the head, bit down hard on her left breast before the woman screamed, pulling Charmaine's hair. Guards came running carting Charmaine off back to her cell while another guard took the injured woman to medical.
"You're a fine piece of work Ms Hatton. If you're not charged with assault I'll be surprised." snapped one of the guards as she was pushed back into her cell.
"I didn't start it, they did. You've all got it in for me."
"Poor little rich girl having a hard time..." the guard laughed, walking away to report to her boss.