Family Reunited

The doctor and obstetrician specialist were both happy with the arrangements made for Julian Vere and Virginia Costello. They both signed the forms leaving an open door policy for any emergencies which arose over the following few weeks. Getting Julian into a wheelchair, was another matter altogether. 
"Do you wish to leave, Mr Vere?" said his doctor.
"Yes," he scowled making Brant chuckle.
"Then you'll follow hospital policy and put your butt in the wheelchair the same as your fiancee has done."
Virginia giggled, Faith, bit her lip and Julian...finally sat in his wheelchair. The porters shook their heads taking hold of the handles of the wheelchairs and pushed them out of the corridor towards the back of the hospital where Craig was waiting with Julian's limousine. Beside them, Faith and Brant walked, holding hands. Their chosen nurses would meet them at the mansion the following morning.
Arriving at the back entrance, Craig hopped out of the limo opening the back door.
"Good to see you, Sir," he grinned.
"Thanks. Craig. It's good to see you too." he slid into the car, moving carefully over to the far side and held out his hand to Virginia. Leaning in, she took his hand and sat beside him, seatbelts fastened, Julian placed his left arm around her shoulders pulling her close. "I love you," he kissed her cheek, turning their lips came together making Virginia giggle. "Your laughter is so good to hear."
"We'll get past this, Julian," she replied as the car door shut and began to move out towards the main road.
"I know. I'm looking forward to seeing the others."
"Yes, me too. I missed them both. How are you feeling?"
"Tired still, so sick of being tired."
"We'll get there," she kissed him again, resting her head on his shoulder.

*****

Brant had called Chris to inform them they were bringing Virginia and Julian home to the mansion. The call had woken them up from their slumber. Groaning, he shook Samuels' shoulder.
"Time to shower and get dressed, Brant's bringing the others home."
"Shit," he muttered, sitting up on the side of the bed, stretching and groaning when he remembered his wound. "Damn. Shower, yes," he staggered to the ensuite between their rooms, Chris smirked at him shaking his head. 
"You're walking as if you're drunk, Sam."
"Been a while since we last..."
"Right. Are you ok?"
"Yeah," he entered the shower moaning as the hot water hit his body. Quickly washing his hair and body he stepped out putting his hand out for a towel which Chris wrapped around him. "Thanks," he muttered, re-entering the bedroom to dress in jeans and t-shirt. "You ready," he ran his fingers through his hair.
"Yeah. Come on let's get the kettle on before they arrive. They shouldn't be long now."

Brant entered the front door as they were coming down the stairs. He smiled then laughed at the haphazard way they were carefully stepping down the stairs.
"You do know there's a lift?"
"Shit," Sam nearly lost his footing, "some warning would be nice," he scowled, "scared the hell outta me then."
"You have a lift," Chris rolled his eyes as they stepped off the last step. "Next time. You're early!"
"We came ahead of the limo," he replied, looking down at his wife as she materialised under his arm. "Hey sweetie, you put the car away?"
"Yes," she frowned to Chris and Sam. "Shouldn't you two be resting?"
"We wanted to welcome Julian and Virginia home."
"Who... Brant," she scolded, smacking his shoulder before walking off down the hall to the kitchen.
"I didn't do anything," he shouted.
"You messaged them didn't you?" Chris and Sam smirked when she turned around to face Brant with a hand on her right hip. "Didn't. You?"
"Yes dear," he grinned.
"Bloody men," she muttered stomping off into the kitchen to put the kettle on.
"Now we know where Virginia gets her sense of fun from."
"Both of us, Chris. Now you'd best go sit in the lounge and wait so I don't get my head bitten off by my darling. I love it when you're grumpy, Faith." he called after her.
She turned, hand on her right hip and stuck her tongue out at him making the others laugh. "Move it or..." and she continued on her way to the kitchen.
"Off you go. The others will be here shortly."
Grabbing Samuel's hand, Chris tugged him into the parlour, Faith had pointed out and sat them both on the sofa which thankfully wasn't dainty.