Chapter 9

Vivienne checks her watch, 2:52 PM. Even though her meeting with the Sons was at 3, she still arrived early but they hadn't. She was on edge with so many things on her mind, her impatience was obvious.

About a few minutes later, she hears motorcycles rumble closer and closer. She sees the Sons pull up and park next to her cars. Vivenne fixes her sleeve and clasps her hands together in front of her.

She watches the Sons get off their bikes, and then looks at Happy. The way his muscles flex with every movement. She looks at his bike, all black, not many decals or airbrush drawings on it. She notices Jax walk towards her and she turns her attention towards him.

He holds his hand out, “Miss Reid.” he says with a small smile. Vivienne takes his hand and chuckles, “Call me Vivienne.” she says as she shakes his hand.

The rest of the guys walk up and Vivienne looks at Happy and gives him a small head nod, and he does the same. She looks back at Jax, “Listen, I want to apologize for how I spoke to you the first time we met. It was out of line.” Jax says.

Vivienne chuckles, “It’s alright. I’m used to it. Some people don't understand a woman in power sometimes.” she replies.

Jax chuckles and looks back at Happy, then to Vivienne, “Happy told us that we have more business to discuss than what happened with Caruso.” he said.

Vivenne nods, “Yes. Tell me about Caruso first. What did you do?” she asks. Jax shrugs his shoulders, “He’s dead. Not a burden anymore.” he said.

Happy walked up to stand beside his brother, “I shot him in the head.” he rasped. Vivienne scoffed a little at his bluntness. “What did Caruso do to you guys?” Vivienne asked.

“He messed with our family. It’s over now.” Jax replied. Vivienne nods and looks away. She takes in a breath, “Laroy is dead.” she says as she looks back at him.

“What?” Jax asked. Vivienne nodded, “Yeah. I didn't do it, I had no reason to. Damon Pope ordered it.” she said.

Jax looks back at his brothers and they look back at him, somewhat worried looks on their faces. “I found out yesterday. Damon Pope killed him for some reason, I don't know why yet. Me and him had a chat and he warned me to stay away from SAMCRO.” she says.

“Why are you involved with him?” Jax asked. “Jackson, me and Damon have a business history. Soon after, we both go into crime. He steps out of Oakland and I step in to fulfill my duty. Which is carrying on my father’s criminal enterprise to where I’m still respected, as well as the Reid family name. So when Damon Pope comes back into the picture, kills Laroy, and marks his territory, if you will, my business and everything I’ve built will go to nothing.” she says.

“Right.” Jax says. “I think we should partner up, Jax.” she says. Jax looks at her, “How so?” he asks.

“Well, mostly for escort services. You have a porn business, your girls can work for me too. My girls probably won't work for you, though.” she says. “I won't force you to do anything more illegal, like, drugs or anything. Unless you want to. I mostly want the Sons on my side so you guys can help me handle business. Sometimes me or my guys aren't enough. I need some people to handle business in a more...physical manner. A whole brotherhood standing with me? We could be a great team.” she smirks.

Jax smirks back at her, “What’s in it for us?” Vivenne chuckles, “In the beginning, there's nothing, right? But the longer we are partners, means the more respect we both get. I’m a very prominent woman in the crime underworld of Oakland, Jax. Good things can be made if you’re with me.” she replies.

Jax steps away and walks a little bit farther from Vivienne towards his brothers and they all huddle together, “Well?” Jax asks his brothers. Tig pats Happy’s back, “We already know what you have to say, brother.” The guys chuckle and they look to each other, “Good idea?” Jax asks. They all nod their heads. “Alright.”

Jax steps away and walks back towards Vivienne, “Well?” she asks. Jax holds out his hand, “You got a deal.” he says. Vivienne smiles and shakes his hand, “Good. I hope we won't regret this.” she chuckles.

Vivenne steps back, “Be careful with Damon Pope. He can be pretty ruthless.” she says. “If you need any help, Happy knows how to reach me.” she winks at Happy. The guys whistle and Happy chuckles. Vivienne gets in her car and her motorcade pulls out and heads back to Oakland.