Chapter 19

*Italicized section is a flashback.*
___________

One week later.

-

Vivienne is standing in the Chapel with Jax while Bobby is retrieving papers from the safe. The papers are for helping make the new partnership between Amour and Diosa Norte official.

“Your girl at Amour was amazing, Viv.” Bobby chuckled. Vivienne gives him a small chuckle, “I’m glad, Bobby. I teach them to treat their customers well.” she says.

Bobby hands her the papers and she looks at Jax, “I’m going to take these and make copies to put in my files. I’ll bring them back very soon.” she says as she shakes Jax’s hand and Bobby’s.

She turns and walks out of the Chapel. Kyle, a hangaround, is walking and stops when he comes face to face with Vivienne.

Vivienne doesn't know who he is but Kyle knows who she is. He is frozen and stares at her in shock while she looks at him with confusion.

Then it dawns on her. She gives him a small chuckle and leans in, “I remember you. You’ve certainly come a long way. You can thank me for that.” she whispers. She pulls away and winks at him.

She walks away as she waves to the rest of the guys in the room. Kyle had nearly dropped the beer in his hand because Vivienne scares him that much. He sees Vivienne walk out the door and looks back to see Jax laughing with Bobby as they leave the Chapel.

Kyle rushes over to Jax, “Is the club in business with Vivienne Reid?” he asks. Jax looks at him with furrowed brows, “Uh..Hangarounds don't typically get that type of information.” Jax says.

Jax walks past Kyle and Kyle turns around, “She’s dangerous!” he almost shouts. Jax and Bobby turn back around, “What are you on about?” Jax asks.

“You need to get away from her. You need to step away from her reach.” Kyle warns. Jax and Bobby walk closer to Kyle, “What are you talking about?” Bobby asks.

“I got some things about Vivienne to tell you guys.” Kyle says. Jax sighs and looks at Bobby. Bobby gives him a small nod and Jax turns around, “Church!” he yells. All the Sons come walking over to the Chapel doors and Kyle is the last to step in before Happy shuts the doors and sits.

“What’s going on, Prez?” he asks. Jax looks at Happy and then the table, “Kyle here,” he says as he gestures to the nervous wreck that is standing by the doors, “has some important things to tell us about Vivienne. He saw her walk out of here and got all bent out of shape. So, let’s hear it, Kyle.” he says.

Kyle lets out a breath, “Okay, well. It was the day I had to pick up something from Vivienne’s guys.”

-

Kyle is wearing a white tank top and jeans. He’s standing on a corner, looking at a seemingly abandoned warehouse. The Nords had sent Kyle to pick up the coke Vivienne was going to supply them.

Kyle flicked his cigarette and went inside. He walked further in and saw Vivienne and her guys standing there. “Where’s the crank?” Kyle asked.

Tony and Leigh walked over and grabbed Kyle and tied him up. Leigh put a gag in his mouth, “Shut up.” he said.

After about 10 minutes, Darby and a few big guys behind him started walking in. “What hell is going on? Why’s the junkie tied up?” Darby asked.

“What did I ask you to do, Darby?” Vivienne asked simply as she picked a speck of lint off of her sleeve. “Uh..What did you ask m- Oh. This about the money?” he realized.

“Yes, it is. I asked for $400,000 because you had specially requested this month's product and you still have to pay me.” Vivienne said.

Darby sighed, “I’m sorry, Vivienne. 400 grand is a lot of money but I’m working on it. I swear.”

“I don't give a shit if you're working on it. I gave you two weeks to accumulate it. And it still hasn't been delivered. That's a problem.” Vivienne said.

“Alright, Viv. After we leave here, I’ll make some calls and see if I can get it to you today or tomorrow.” Darby said. Vivienne nodded and he went to walk away.

Vivienne walked over to a big machine and flipped a switch, making it power up. Darby turned around and Vivienne nodded to her guards. Chris and Leigh grabbed one of Darby’s guys and forced him over to a big machine.

Vivienne opened the machine and steam came out. “What the fuck are you doing, Vivienne? I thought we were good.” Darby yelled as Vivienne glared at him. She looked to the man, “This here, is called a steampress. It’s basically a heavy duty industrial iron.” she said. She pointed around the room, “This here was a clothing factory. And this machine, is functioning perfectly.” she said.

She nodded to Leigh and Chris and they forced the man’s hands to the machine. Vivienne leaned over and whispered something in his ear, that Kyle couldn’t hear.

Whatever it was she said, it certainly struck fear into the man. He pleaded with Vivienne to stop. But to no avail, Vivienne brought the machine down and the sound of steam hissing and skin burning filled the room.

The man screamed, and cried out. Darby was yelling at her, trying to get her to stop but she was unphased. Her guards holding back Darby and his men behind him as she stood and watched the man at his knees.

She finally lifted up the machine and the man fell to the ground, screaming. She turned to Darby, “Now, after what happened here today, you’ll know better than to take retribution. Enjoy your drugs.” she said as Tony brought crates to Darby.

Vivienne turned to a quivering and terrified Kyle. She stared at him, making him more nervous. Eventually she gestured her head towards the door and Tony untied him.

Kyle started to go, “Wait!” Vivienne yelled. Kyle turned around, “I’m trusting in you that you won't say a word about what you saw here today.” she says. Kyle nodded quickly, “Good. Now get the hell out of here.”

-

The Sons are all staring at Kyle as he finishes his story. “And you think Vivienne burned that guy’s hands because Darby didn't pay up?” Jax asked.

Kyle nodded slowly while staring blankly into space, “Yeah..that’d be the best guess.” he said.

Jax looked at Happy, “What do you think, brother?” he asked. Happy looks at Jax, “Seems a little extreme for her.” he says.

Kyle looks down at Happy, “She’s not a normal chick, man!” he yells. Happy turns around and stands up, “Don't fucking interrupt me! You’re probably not even gonna be coming back here because you were in with the Nords. We don't even know if you’re telling the truth. You could just be trying to get on the club’s good side because you wanna get patched.” he yelled back.

“I got no reason to fucking lie!” Kyle yelled. Jax slammed his fist on the table, “Enough!” Happy and Kyle turn around and take a step back from each other. “Jax. Please. You have to listen, she is a ruthless human being. I care about the club and if you guys are in business with her and go any farther, you’ll owe her something and if you don't deliever, she’ll make your life hell. She knows everything. She’s like a gatekeeper. She knows every truth behind every lie, behind every secret. She’s dangerous.” Kyle pleads.

Jax looks at him and rolls his jaw, “Just get out of here, Kyle.” he says. Kyle sighs and drops his shoulders and he leaves the Chapel.

Jax looks at Happy, “We need to talk to Vivienne. Now.”