Chapter 44

Jax and Marcus Alvarez are sitting in a park outside of Charming. Alvarez reached out to Jax and said a meeting was important. “I want to set aside all differences with the Sons.” Marcus says.

“What?” Jax asks. “Any problems we had, they’re gone. Forgiven.” Marcus replies. Jax smirks, “Why?”

“I have bigger things to worry about than SAMCRO. My charter is struggling in Oakland. Niners are trying to push us out.” Marcus says.

“Why would they be trying to push you out? I thought you guys were good.” Jax says. Marcus shakes his head, “Don't know what you heard but that ain't the case.” he replies.

“Mayans H trade has been doing well, but the Niners don't want us on their territory to be selling. We’re fine with keeping our spots, Tyler just gets skittish.” Marcus adds.

“Niners don't do heroin, do they?” Jax asks. Marcus shakes his head, “Nah. They do coke and weed.” he says. Jax nods and Marcus continues, “I just wish someone was able to tell Tyler and his guys to ease up. Persuade the Niners that there won't be a problem as long as they don't make it one. We are willing to come to some sort of agreement.”

Jax nods, “Well, SAMCRO might not be able to help much in that category.” he says. Marcus shakes his head looks out at the park.

“But I might know someone that can help with that.” Jax says. Marcus looks up and furrows his brows. “You’ll have to make some business arrangements, give some assurances but they have a lot of power in Oakland.” Jax says.

Marcus scoffs, “Good luck finding him.” he says. Jax smirks, “Who said anything about him?” he asks. Marcus looks at him, “A woman?” he asks.

Jax nods, “You telling me you’ve never heard of Vivienne Reid?” he asks. Marcus shrugs, “I’ve heard the name, but didn't think she was that important.” he says.

Jax laughs, “SAMCRO is in business with her. She’s worked with other charters of ours before. She’s got an escort service. She’s partnered with Nero. She works with the Niners. She supplies them with their drugs. She could help convince the Niners.” he says.

Marcus nods, “Well if you can arrange a meet, let me know.” he says. “I’ll work on it.” Jax replies.

Marcus and Jax stand up and shake hands. Jax flicks his cigarette out and watches Alvarez as he leaves.
___________

A/N: In case you might not have seen my announcement, this story will be ending at 50 Chapters. I'm trying to make chapters longer and more interesting before the ending. Thanks for reading!