Chapter 33

Vivienne is pacing back and forth in the empty factory. The Sons are waiting together, Happy is watching Vivienne pace. Juice is by the door waiting for Tony. “What’s going on, Viv?” Leigh asks. He and Chris don't know why they are all there.

Vivienne stops pacing, “You’ll find out very soon.” she says. Juice comes jogging over to Vivienne, “He’s here.” he says.

Vivienne gives him a small nod and puts a smile on her face. She walks to the door as Tony walks in. “Tony! I’m glad you made it! We waited.” she says.

“What’s going on, Viv?” Tony asks, as they walk over to the center of the room. “Well, I know you were there when I told the Niners that I was stepping away from cocaine. But, unfortunately I’ve changed my mind.” Vivienne says.

Tony stops and turns towards Vivienne, “What? Why? What happened to all the risk?” he asks.

“Well, we just have to be more careful. I met with Mason, and as a sign of good faith, he gave a very special batch of his product, at no charge.” Vivienne smiles. She leans in, “Although, I think he might have been scared of me.” she whispers with a small chuckle.

Happy brings the crate from the back and sets it down in front of Tony. “Thank you, Happy.” Vivienne says.

Happy nods and goes back to his brothers. “Go ahead, open it.” Vivienne says. Tony exhales, and leans down to take the top off. Vivienne steps across from him and watches him.

Tony takes the top of the crate off and instead, finds two dead rats. “What the-” he starts, but then he drops the top, “No.” he whispers.

He looks up at Vivienne, who’s lip is twitching as she stares him down. “Viv-..I can explain.” Tony says. “Try.” she says.

“I-I didn't want to do it. I really didn't. The whole time I hated myself-” Tony pleads. Vivienne is shaking her head, “No! You don't get to tell me that you ‘hated yourself’ or that you ‘didn't want to do it’, Tony! If you didn't want to do it, you wouldn't have done it!” Vivienne yells.

Vivienne turns her head, and nods to the Sons. Tig and Happy come up to Tony and force him to his knees.

Vivienne sighs, “You know,” Vivienne says as she starts to pace around Tony, “I want to blame myself for how clueless I was. But, when it comes down to it, the relationship between you and I would have gotten in the way and I couldn't possibly believe it.” she says. “But, now that I know it was you, it all makes sense. The one piece of evidence that was going to nail me, was the gun. When I found out, I didn't seem to remember that I gave the gun to you after I killed Pope.” she says. “I should have recognized the signs. Everytime I mentioned something about my illegal business affairs, you left. Whenever I brought up the rat, you tensed up. You became uncomfortable.” she says.

“Yeah, and he didn't want us to work with him to find the rat.” Leigh says. Vivienne looks at Leigh and she looks back at Tony with raised brows. “Interesting.” she says.

Tony has tears in his eyes, sniffling. Vivienne takes in a breath, “Well, I’m not going to make this my own pity party.” she says. She steps to Tony and he looks up at her, “Punishment has to be given out.” she says.

Vivienne walks back behind the Sons to retrieve a gun, “No, Vivienne! Please! Don't kill me!” Tony wails.

Vivienne loads the gun, “I had no choice! The FBI was going to arrest me as an accessory to murder, drug trafficking. If I didn't give you up, they would have made my life hell! They kept pestering me, and eventually I-I gave in.” Tony says.

Vivienne is walking back over to Tony, gun in her hand. Tig and Happy step back and Vivienne stands behind Tony, “It’s too late for explanations now, Tony.” she says, “The damage is done.”

Vivienne puts the barrel of the gun against his head, Tony sobs, “Oh God! Vivienne. I love you like my own daughter. I know it’s too late but I just want you to know that I never lost respect for you. Please, tell Mary what I did and that I love her and the kids. I’m so sorry, Vivienne.” he says.

Vivienne’s hand trembles as she pulls back the hammer, “I’m sorry, too.” she says. She pulls the trigger, and Tony’s lifeless body falls to the ground.

Vivienne lets out a stifled sob when she hears him drop, her breath is shaky. Happy slowly walks up to her, and gets the gun from her hand.

Leigh and Chris are both turned around, the sight of their dead friend before them. They contemplate whether they could even call him a friend after this.

Vivienne sniffles and straightens her back, “We got this, Viv.” Tig says, a sad look on his face. All of the Sons are looking at Vivienne, somber looks on their faces.

Vivienne nods quickly and walks out of the building, the sound of her heels hitting the cement floor being the only sound that echoes through the building.

Vivienne steps out and looks at the bay, the sun gleaming over it. Vivienne is a very tough woman. It takes a lot to make her emotional. And for the first time in a long time, a tear escapes her eye.