Chapter 43

“Hello, Eli.”

Roosevelt sighs, “This is Charming, Vivienne. Not Oakland. Did you just come here for a tune-up?” he asks.

Vivienne shakes her head, “No. I was called here. By them.” she says as she points to the Sons, watching them.

Roosevelt looks at them and then back to Vivienne, “In business with a bunch of white trash bikers? Thought you were better than that.” he says.

Vivienne shakes her head, “No. I saw a business opportunity with the Sons. They have since become very close friends.” she says.

Roosevelt shakes his head, “Well this isn't any of your business. Just routine.” he says.

Vivienne raises her brows, “Really? You come and raid their clubhouse on a routine basis? I don't think that’s lawful.” she says.

Roosevelt sighs, “You need to leave. Your power doesn't extend here. I don't give a shit about your business. Schedule another meeting.” he snaps.

Vivienne’s lip twitches and she steps forward, getting close to his face, “You seem to be missing something, Eli. I’m based in Oakland but I have contacts all throughout California. The Sons are my business, not yours. Our deal still applies. Anywhere you are, if I have business interests, you leave them alone and focus on minor things.” she says as she stares into his eyes.

Roosevelt sighs and looks away for a second and then back at her, “You know, Vivienne? One day, someone is gonna take that power you have right out of your hands. You’ll fall, and you won't get back up.” he says.

Vivienne smirks at him, “When that happens, all hell will break loose, I guarantee it. Bodies will drop in Oakland and Charming. At least I’ll go out with a bang.” she whispers.

Roosevelt smirks at her. “Get your crew. Leave this lot. The routine is over. I don't want to hear you coming back here unless it’s for a tune-up.” she says.

Roosevelt turns away and puts on his sunglasses, “Alright! Let’s pack it up! We’re out of here.” he says as he looks back at Vivienne.

Vivienne stares him down as he gets in his truck and pulls out of the lot, the other police vehicles following him. “Prospect! Close the gate!” Jax yells.

“Tig, go tell the guys working at the garage that the garage is closed. They’ll get paid for the day, though.” he says. Tig nods and goes over to the garage.

Vivienne turns around after the gate closes and Jax walks up to her, “Thank you, Vivienne. You probably helped a lot of future problems.” he says.

Vivienne nods and relaxes a little, “Well, I hope it sticks. If not, I’ll give him another reminder.” she says.

“I heard something about a deal. That what you were talking about earlier?” he asks. Vivienne nods. “What is it?” Jax adds.

“When Roosevelt was in Oakland, he wouldn't stop interfering with my business interests so I made him a deal he couldn't refuse. Anywhere he is, if I have business partners, he leaves them alone, and I make his job a little easier. That’s it.” she replies.

Jax nods, “Right. Well, thank you.” he says again. Vivienne nods and smiles at him, “Of course.” she says and she leaves.