Chapter 34

One Day Later

-

Vivienne is sitting in her office with Leigh and Chris sitting across from her. “How are you doing, Vivienne?” Leigh asks.

Vivienne looks at him, “To be honest, Leigh, I’m still in shock.” she sighs. Leigh and Chris nod, “That’s understandable. Neither me or Leigh can believe it still.” Chris says.

Vivienne nods slowly, then she shakes off that feeling, “Right, well, after what happened with Tony, I just wanted to talk to you both and I know you both probably have some concerns right now. I want you to air them, right here, right now.” she says.

“Have you lost trust in us?” Leigh asks. Vivienne looks at him, and shakes her head, “No. I hope I never do. And because of that Leigh, you are now lead guard.” Vivienne replies.

Chris pats Leigh on the back, “Good job, man.” he mutters. Vivienne gives a small smile. “You and Chris have the task of finding one or two new men to join the team. However, they need to be vetted. Completely. History cannot and will not repeat itself.” Vivienne says.

Leigh nods, “We’ll start working on it.” he says. “Oh, and any potential candidates for the position do not meet me until they are cleared.” she says. Chris nods, “Got it.” he replies.

“Are you going to do anything today?” Leigh asks. Vivienne nods, “Yes, I want to go to the clubhouse. I want to properly thank the Sons for helping us.” she says.

Leigh nods, “Alright. We’re ready when you are.” he says. Vivienne nods and gets up, “Let’s go, then.” she smiles.

-

Vivienne walks into the clubhouse with Leigh and Chris beside her. All of the Sons look at her and see that she’s different. She looks tougher. She looks like she has no emotion. She is staring off into space.

Jax walks up to her, “Vivienne. What’s up?” he asks. Vivienne looks at him, “Oh, hi. I just wanted to come by and talk to you all for a moment.” she says.

Jax nods, “Okay. Let’s go in the Chapel.” he says. “Church.” he tells the guys. Vivienne nods and Leigh and Chris hang back as she and the Sons go into the Chapel.

Happy puts a chair on the other end of the table and Vivienne sits down. “What was it you wanted to talk about?” Jax asks.

Vivienne sighs, “Nothing big, really. I just wanted to thank you, thank the entire club for helping me these past couple weeks or so. Thank you for giving me a place to set up, thank you for helping get me released,” she pauses, “Thank you for..finding the rat.” she says, with a pained expression on her face. “It meant a lot to me.” she says.

The club nods, “You’re welcome, Vivienne.” Tig says. Vivienne smiles at him, “You all saw what happened yesterday. I mean, it’s bound to change some things. For me mostly.” she says.

Jax nods, “That’s right. You’re in a dangerous business, dangerous things are bound to happen. Especially in your case.” he says.

Vivienne looks at him, “Excuse me? You don't know what I do. No matter how much you think you do, you don't. All you have is what I’ve shown you about myself. I don't think you know what it’s like to do something like that to someone whom you cared for!” she yells.

Jax looks at her, as well as all the Sons. But Vivienne doesn't take her eyes off of Jax, she’s not standing down now. Jax sighs and holds his hand out, “Alright Vivienne, relax. You’re too emotional right now.” he says.

Vivienne stands up from her chair, “Normally, I would have a problem with a man telling me I was emotional while I do my own business, but after what happened yesterday, after I had to kill one of the men I trusted with my life because he betrayed me, you are damn right I’m emotional!” she yells as she bangs her fist on the table.

Some of the Sons jump at Vivienne’s ferocity. “You’re right, Vivienne. I’m sorry. I didn't mean to say you were too emotional, I don't know what I meant when I said that, I’m sorry.” Jax apologizes.

Vivienne scoffs, “No, no, don't cower before me, Jackson. Not in front of your big bad biker brothers, alright? I don't want SAMCRO to be afraid of me.” she says.

She sighs and walks to the door, she turns the knob, and turns around, “I came here to thank you. And I did. Goodbye.” she says as she leaves and slams the door behind her.