Chapter 25

Jax calls Gemma outside of the clubhouse, “Hey, Mom. I need you to head up to the cabin. We got someone who might be staying for a few days and no one has been up there for a while. Needs to be cleaned.” Jax says.

Gemma nods, “Okay, baby. I’ll head up there now.” she says. She hangs up and gets her stuff and gets in her car.

-

Gemma pulls up and sees a bike outside, she recognizes it as Juice’s. Gemma looks around and sees three tall, muscular men standing by black SUVs.

She turns back and walks into the cabin. She looks in the kitchen and sees Juice putting away food. “Hey, sweetheart.” Gemma says.

Juice turns around, “Hey, Gem. Here to start cleanin’?” he asks. Gemma nods, “Just wanted to let you know I’m here.” she says.

Gemma turns and goes out and down a hallway to get to the supply closet. She passes by the bedroom and hears a woman on the phone. She peeks through the crack in the doorway and sees a woman in a suit pacing back and forth.

Gemma gets what she needs and goes up to Juice, “Who’s the chick in the bedroom?” she asks. Juice turns around and before he’s about to speak, his phone rings and he answers it right away.

Gemma goes outside on the porch and lights a cigarette. She hears the door open as she takes a drag and Vivienne comes walking out.

Vivienne stops when she sees Gemma. “Hello.” she says. Gemma nods at her, she blows the smoke out, “I take it you’re the one who’s gonna be staying here for a few days?” Gemma asks.

Vivienne nods, “Hopefully it won't be that long.” she says. “What’s your name?” Gemma asks.

“Vivienne.” she replies. Gemma nods, “I’m Gemma. Jax’s mom.” she says. Vivienne smirks and nods, “Ah. Well, it’s nice to meet you.”

“You involved with the club?” Gemma asks. Vivienne chuckles, “In a way.” she says. “You close to them?” Gemma asks.

Vivienne shrugs her shoulders, “Not sure.” she says. Harleys start to pull up and Vivienne leaves Gemma. Vivienne walks over and Jax comes up to her.

He leans in, “Hap told me what’s going on. Club is here for you.” he says as he squeezes her shoulder. Vivienne nods and smiles, “Thank you, Jax.” she says. Gemma is watching them talk. She puts out her cigarette and watches Jax walk up to her.

“Hey, Ma.” he says. Gemma hits his chest with her hand, “What, so because Tara is pissed at you, you just find some new pussy and you bring her to the fucking cabin?” Gemma asks.

Jax scoffs, “What are you talking about?” he asks. Gemma points at Viv then puts her hands on her hips, “That smug bitch right there talking to Hap.” she says.

Jax laughs, “Don't let her hear you talking about her like that.” he says, “Ma, I’m not sleeping with Vivienne. Me and Tara are working our shit out. The club is in business with Viv and she’s got some shit going on and we figured we’d return a favor.” he says.

Gemma relaxes her shoulders a bit, “Sorry.” she says. “It’s alright.” Jax replies, “Besides, look over at her and Hap.”

Gemma turns her head and sees. Happy and Vivienne standing across from each other, Vivienne leaning on his handlebars and Happy with a smirk on his face. Gemma can see Vivienne has a smile on her face and she’s biting her lip.

Gemma looks back at Jax, “If Vivienne was sleeping with anyone from the club, which doesn't seem like something she would do, it wouldn't be me.” he says.