Chapter 38

Jax calls Vivienne in the morning when she’s still at her house. “Hello?” she answers as she fixes her sleeve.

“Vivienne. It’s Jax. Get to the clubhouse, now. We gotta talk.” Jax says in an angry tone.

Vivienne sighs, “Yeah, okay.” she says and hangs up. She finishes dressing and goes downstairs to be greeted by Leigh and Chris, “We gotta get to the clubhouse.” she says as she walks out the door.

-

Vivienne parks and she gets out of the car, as she walks towards the clubhouse, the guys are walking towards her. “What the hell happened yesterday, Vivienne? We asked you to send your guys, not the Niners.” Jax says as he reaches her.

Vivienne scoffs, “I don't know if you’ve noticed Jackson, but I only have two guys. They wouldn't have been much help to you and I needed them. Unless I decide later that I need a small army protecting me, you won't get my manpower when you desire it.” Vivienne says with a harsh tone.

Jax chuckles sarcastically, “You know, Vivienne? Lately, I haven't liked where your head is at. You’re not okay.” he says.

Vivienne shakes her head, “My mental health isn't your concern, Jackson. Only concern of yours is business. Escorts. Porn. And any other shit that SAMCRO does!” Vivienne yells.

Coming from the office, Gemma walks over to Vivienne and the guys, “What the hell is going on? I got a customer in there trying to tell me something, and you guys are yelling about business.” she says.

Vivienne turns her head to her, “I’m sorry, Gemma. Is this any of your business? I don't give a shit how your customer feels, maybe you should go back and listen to what their problem is!” she snaps back at her.

Gemma turns to her, “You know who you're talking to, bitch?” she asks. The guys try to stop them, but Vivienne snaps.

“Oh, I know damn well who I’m talking to, bitch. I don't give a shit how important you are to the MC, you interfere with my business with this club again, or disrespect me in any way, I will make you disappear.” Vivienne yells.

“What the hell did yo-” Gemma starts but Jax nudges her back, “Calm down, Mom.” he says. Meanwhile, Happy is pulling Vivienne towards the clubhouse, “That’s enough!” he rasps.

“Yeah, Hap! Control your goddamn woman!” Gemma yells. Jax nudges her further back, “Mom! Calm the fuck down!” he yells. She stops moving and looks at him, “Mom. Calm down, relax. Don't listen to her. She’s going through some things, okay? She didn't mean it.” Jax says.

Gemma lets out a breath and she looks back at the clubhouse, then turns and goes to the office.

-

Happy opens the door to his dorm and nudges Vivienne inside. He slams the door shut when he walks in, “Goddamn, Vivienne! You need to chill the fuck out. You’re going off half-cocked and you’re being too ruthless! Threatening Gemma, Jax’s mom? That’s too much!” he yells at her.

“No, no, no! You don't get to tell me that I’m being ruthless when you are the goddamn torture king!” she yells back.

Happy sighs and calms down a little bit, “Ever since what happened with Tony, you haven't been yourself, Vivienne.” he says.

Vivienne shakes her head, “Do not tell me what I’m like, Happy! You don't know anything!” she says.

“I know you trusted Tony with your life. I know he was like a father to you after your parents died because he was all you had. Killing him after you found out he ratted on you was bound to take a serious toll on you.” Happy says.

Vivienne stares at him, visibly angry. But Happy notices, her face is changing. From full of anger, to full of pain and sadness.

She lets out a sob and for the first time since he met her, Happy sees Vivienne Reid cry. She starts sobbing, and he notices her stance weakening. He rushes over and catches her before she falls to her knees.

He brings her down to the ground and they’re both sitting on their knees. “Why did this have to happen?” she sobs. Happy shakes his head as he rubs her back, he is at a loss for words. He doesn't know how to help her besides to hold her.

After a moment of Vivienne crying, she stops and wipes her eyes as she continues to lean into Happy. She sniffles and they just sit there in silence.

“You know, lately I’ve been trying to make sense of some shit in my mind.” Happy says. Vivienne doesn't do anything but he continues, “I think I was trying to deny it because it just doesn't seem like me, but I think I know what has been plaguing my mind lately.” he says.

“What?” Vivienne sniffles. Happy kisses the top of Vivienne’s head, “I love you, Vivienne.” he whispers.

Vivienne’s head shoots up, “W-What?” she asks. Happy moves a hand to her face as he wipes away stray tears that escape her eye, “You heard me, little girl.” he rasps.

Vivienne cups his hand on her face and smiles, “I love you too, Happy.” she says.