Chapter 48

Vivienne wakes up nestled next to Happy. She looks around the room and then to Happy, who is looking down at her.

“Were you watching me sleep?” she asks. Happy nods, “You’re beautiful when you sleep.” he rasps. She smiles a little, “Little creepy, aren't you?” she jokes.

Happy lets out a small laugh and she laughs with him. She turns over and gets her phone from the bedside table, sees that it’s 8 AM.

Vivienne gets out of the bed and goes to her clothes, “Where are you goin’?” Happy asks. Vivienne puts her bra and underwear on and looks at him, “I don't know about you but I have to go talk to the Niners today.” she says.

Happy sighs and sits up in the bed, “You wanna shower first?” he asks her. She stops and thinks, “Mm...yeah, I probably should. I stink of you.” she jokes.

Happy smiles and gets up, “Bathroom is there. There’s soap in the shower. I’ll get you some shampoo and a towel.” he says.

Vivienne nods and goes in there. Happy leaves the room and gets a towel and gets shampoo that doesn't stink like a man’s shampoo.

He goes into the bathroom and puts the towel down and hands her the shampoo. She thanks him and he goes back and puts some clothes on. After a moment, she comes out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel.

Happy is sitting at the desk in the room, smoking a joint and he watches her get dressed. “You waiting for me?” she asks him as she puts her shirt on.

Happy nods, “Didn't want to leave you alone.” he says. Vivienne lets out a laugh, “How kind of you.” she says. She puts on her jeans and shoes. She goes to a mirror and fixes her hair a bit.

She grabs her bag and goes to the door. Happy gets out of his chair and goes to her. He pins her to the wall and kisses her deeply. She moans a little and he pulls away, “Just wanted another taste before we go out there.” he says.

She smiles and pecks him on the lips again before opening the door, him following close behind her. They walk out into the main room and see a couple croweaters and Jax, Chibs, and Tig.

Jax is sitting at the bar, smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee. He gives her a little wave with his fingers and she nods at him. Chibs smiles at them and she looks at Tig, who has a big grin on his face, “Fun night, doll?” he asks.

She shakes her head and points her finger at him,  “Uh uh, no questions. It’s none of your business anyways, Tigger.” she says.

Tig laughs and she gets her phone, “I have to call Leigh.” she says. She hits Tig on the arm as she leaves to go outside.

Happy gets coffee and settles at a table next to Tig. “Did you have fun, brother?” he asks. Happy rolls his eyes, “Didn't you hear what she just said?” he asks.

Tig laughs and pats Happy’s shoulder, “Happy for ya, man.” he says. Happy nods and sips his coffee.

Vivienne comes back in, “He’ll be here shortly.” she says. Jax nods, “What do you have planned today?” he asks.

“Biggest thing is speaking with the Niners. I hope that goes well.” she replies. Jax nods, “Thanks again for helping out, Viv.” he says.

She nods, “Of course.” she smiles. “I’m going to go out and wait for him. Good to see you all.” she says.

Happy gets up with his coffee and goes out with her. Vivienne goes and sits on top of the picnic table. Happy sets his coffee down and stands next to her.

She looks at him and smiles, “I had fun last night. Should do it again some time.” she says, smirking.

Happy shrugs, “Whenever you want, little girl.” he says. She laughs and Leigh pulls in.

Vivienne gets up and kisses Happy, “I’ll see you later, Killa.” she says and she gets in the car.

-

After Vivienne went home and got dressed, she made her way to the Niners’ bar. She goes inside and asks for Tyler. He comes out, “Come on in, Viv.” he says. He leads her to a room in the back and they sit down.

“Why are you here?” Tyler asks. Vivienne crosses her legs and folds her hands in her lap, “I got news that you guys have been aggressive over some things lately. With the Mayans M.C. I believe.” she says.

“That’s none of your business.” he snaps at her. Vivienne raises her brow, “Whatever happens in Oakland is my business, Tyler. Including the Niners. Don't forget that. I don't want to hear of any deaths on my doorstep, you hear me?” she says.

Tyler bites his lip, “Fine.” he responds sternly. Vivienne raises her brow and nods. She gets up and leaves.

-

Next Day.

-

A sunny day outside of the Mayans clubhouse. A small handful of members stand outside talking when a black car rolls up. Someone points an semi-automatic out the window and kills three Mayans.

The car speeds away and Mayans run out. Alvarez goes out and sees his dead brothers. “Shit! Get me the Sons! We gotta talk!” Marcus yells.

-

Jax, Chibs, Happy, and Tig pull up to where Marcus arranged a meet. They get off their bikes and walk over.

“What’s going on, man?” Jax asks Marcus. “Someone shot up my clubhouse an hour ago. Killed three of my guys. Other guys standing around say they saw purple colors.” Marcus replies.

“Shit.” Jax mutters. “I thought Vivienne was supposed to put some sense in those pendejos!” he yells.

“Relax! She did. She keeps her word! I don't know what happened, man!” Jax yells back.

“This is it, Jax. No more playing nice. The Niners messed up. No one is safe, not the Niners, and not SAMCRO.” Marcus says.

“What the hell are you saying?” Jax asks. Marcus scowls at him and walks back to his bike. “What are you doing?” Jax yells. Marcus and his guys go and leave.

“Shit!” Jax yells. He combs through his hair and looks at the guys, “Tig. Call everyone that matters. Get them all to the clubhouse. I’m calling a lockdown.” he says.

Tig nods and takes out his burner. Jax looks at Happy, “Call Vivienne. We need to talk. She needs to get to the clubhouse ASAP.” Jax says.