Chapter 22

One Day Later

-

Tyler is sitting across from Vivienne in her office. She gives him a smile, “How can I help you, Tyler?” Vivienne asks.

Tyler sighs, “We did what you asked. Took care of the rat. He won't say anything.” he says. Vivienne nods, “Good.”

“You know, Viv, I had my guys look into it and the cops were gonna let the guy go within a day. We really didn't have to do what we did.” Tyler says.

Vivienne raises a brow, “I’m sensing some hostility, Tyler. Would you have rather had a rat in your midst? I know I wouldn't.” she says. “I have a handful of cops on my payroll. They wouldn't have arrested him unless they had something. There was the potential of giving information. I couldn't take that risk.” Vivienne says.

Tyler nods, “Yeah, I guess you’re right.” he says. Vivienne moves closer to her desk, “After some time of consideration, I’ve decided to move from cocaine. After this whole ordeal, I chose not to take the risk.” she says.

“What are we gonna do? Finding another supplier isn't easy.” Tyler says. “I know, I know. Because of the mutual respect we have for each other, I’ll put you with another supplier that I trust.” Vivienne says.

“Thank you.” Tyler replies. Vivienne nods, “I’m not shying away from drugs completely. I’m going to move to weed. Less risk.” she says, “I was hoping we could still stay in business.” she says.

“I don't know, Viv. Niners selling weed? Seems like a downgrade.” Tyler says. Vivienne nods, “I understand. But this weed I’ll be getting? It’s much better than the type you’d sell on a college campus or something.” she says.

Vivienne stands up, “I’ll let you think about it. Get back to me soon with a decision.” she says. Tyler nods and he walks out with Vivienne.

Tony meets her at the front door as Tyler leaves and he walks back to Vivienne’s office with her. “So, what happened?” Tony asks.

“Tyler sorted out the dealer and I told him about the move from coke to weed.” Vivienne whispers. “You know, ever since Damon, we have to keep things contained and simple. For now.” she says.

Tony nods, “Right. Listen, I gotta go do something. I’ll be back soon.” he says. Vivienne looks up at him, “O-Okay.” she says. She watches him leave her office and she shuts the door.