Chapter 15

Vivienne opens her eyes to see the sun poking through her curtains and she feels someone’s arm around her. Happy’s. She turns her body around and looks at his face, so relaxed as he sleeps.

He stirs and wakes up, “Morning, little girl.” he rasps. She smiles a little at him, “Morning, Hap.” she says back.

They look at each other for a bit before Happy makes the first move. His lips collide with hers and she leans into it. Her hand goes to touch his face as his hand moves up and down her back.

The kiss deepens and Happy rolls over and Vivienne gets on top of him. Happy moves his hands under the back of her shirt to feel her soft skin.

Vivienne cups his face in her hands and moans into the kiss. Happy slips his fingers underneath the waistband of her pants and panties, and Vivienne comes back to Earth.

She realizes what she’s doing and quickly pulls away and grabs his hands as she slowly moves them out of her pants, “Shit, I’m sorry, Happy. I don't want to do this. Not now, at least.” she says in a quiet tone.

Happy rubs his hands up her back, “It’s okay.” he assures her. She gives him a small smile before getting off of him and going to the bathroom.

Vivienne shuts the door and looks in the mirror, “Jesus, Viv.” she says in a hushed whisper. She does what she needs to do and goes back out, seeing Happy putting his pants back on, considering he slept in his boxers.

She stands in the bathroom doorway, looking at him, “I’m sorry.” she whispers. Happy buckles his belt and walks over to her, “It’s okay, little girl. Don't need to apologize. I don't wanna rush it.” he says as he brushes her hair behind her ear, “But I’m waiting for it.” he whispers.

Vivienne smiles back at him, “I need to shower. I can make you something quick to eat after if you want.” she offers. Happy shakes his head, “Nah, it’s good. I gotta head back to the clubhouse. One of the croweaters will give me breakfast.” he says.

Vivienne chuckles, “Won't they deny you breakfast like you denied them a good time last night?” she jokes. Happy chuckles but doesn't reply.

“I’ll walk you out. You can't get out without me anyways.” Vivienne says as she puts on slip-on shoes.

They head downstairs and Vivienne lets her dogs out to use the bathroom and they go back in. Happy gets on his bike, “Come on,” he says, patting the seat behind him, “You’ll get over there faster.” he says.

Vivienne goes and they ride up to the door. She gets off and goes to the screen by the door, “How long have you been waiting for me to do that?” she asks, talking about Vivienne sitting behind him on his bike.

“Ever since I laid eyes on you. Even 15 seconds is good for me.” he chuckles. She laughs and the gate opens. She walks back over to him and kisses his cheek, “See you later, Killa.” she says.

-

Happy is sitting at the picnic table outside of the clubhouse eating the breakfast that the croweaters made him. Tig walks out of the door, stretching like he just woke up. “Hey, brother.” Tig says, clapping Happy on the back. “Hey, man.” Happy says.

Tig sits sideways on the other side of the table and smirks at Happy. Happy growls, “What?” he asks.

Tig shrugs his shoulders, “Nothing, just saw you leave with Vivienne last night.” he says as he raises his eyebrows.

Happy rolls his eyes, “Nothing happened.” he says, gruffly. He didn't want to say something almost happened because he didn't want Tig to think Vivienne was weak or scared or anything.

Tig looks out at the lot and looks back at Happy, “It’s bound to happen soon, brother. You guys have some sort of connection.” he says.

“And you? You got any sorta want for her, Tig? You two seem to be getting close.” Happy asks out of jealousy. Tig scoffs, “You saw what happened a couple weeks ago. She killed Damon Pope, when he would have killed me, eventually. Me and her are getting close, believe it or not, but as friends.” he replies.

Happy nods, “Sorry, brother. Didn't mean to get that way.” he says. Tig tells him it’s alright. Happy finishes his breakfast and looks at the lot.

“I wonder what’s gonna happen now. With Vivienne.” Tig says. Happy looks over at him, “I mean, now that Pope is handled, what’s next? Are we gonna need her or is she gonna need us?” Tig asks.

Happy takes a drink of his beer and nods, “I don't know, brother. Wherever the road takes us.”