Chapter 35

Happy is sitting on his bike outside of Vivienne’s gate. “Hey, Leigh, could you come up to Viv’s and let me in? She isn't answering my call.” Happy says into the phone.

“Sure, man. I’ll be up there in a couple minutes.” Leigh replies and he hangs up. After a couple of minutes, Leigh comes pulling up in the SUV. He gets out and goes to the panel. “Hey, Hap.” Leigh says.

“Hey.” Happy replies, “You seen her lately? How is she doing?” he asks Leigh. Leigh shrugs, “She’s almost the same as she was before. But she’s a little distant lately.” Leigh says.

“Yeah, she kind of went off on Jax when she came to the clubhouse.” Happy says. “That’s probably why she left in a storm.” Leigh replies.

Happy nods and the gate buzzes and it opens. Happy and Leigh shake hands and Leigh waits for Happy to ride in before shutting the gate.

Happy gets off his bike and goes up the door. He turns the handle but finds out the door is locked. He sighs and rings the doorbell.

After a moment, Vivienne opens the door, “Happy. What are you doing here?” she asks. “Just thought I’d come by. And see how you’re doing.” Happy replies.

Vivienne sighs and walks back to the living room, “How kind of you.” she says, sarcastically.

Happy growls as he shuts the door and locks it, “Look, Viv. I know you’re hurting-” he says. “Hurting? About what? A rat? I was betrayed and I took care of the problem. That’s the end of it.” she replies.

Happy sighs, “I heard that you tried to open the door on your own before actually ringing the bell. Cute how you think that our..relationship is at that level.” she says.

“What are you saying, Vivienne?” Happy asks. “I’m saying that me and you could most likely never happen. I’m too used to being an independent woman and you’re too used to being distant. You’re afraid of any kind of connection. Physical, sexual, emotional, you’re afraid.” she says.

Happy straightens up and Vivienne continues, “We aren't a match made in heaven, or hell for that matter. I think you probably just used me for a good fuck, just so you can say, ‘Oh, I fucked Vivienne Reid.’ so you can feel good about yourself, thinking you can get any woman in your pants.” she says, with a louder tone.

“Are you fucking serious right now, Vivienne? If I was gonna use you for a good lay, I wouldn't be here. After we fucked, I wouldn't have made a single effort in helping you.” Happy says, walking over to her.

Vivienne stares at him as he stands in front of her, “You call me distant, but you’re the one who hasn't been talking to anyone about anything!” he says.

Vivienne stares into his dark eyes as he stares into hers. She looks at him, then at his lips. She goes and kisses him hard.

Happy is confused at first but he reciprocates the kiss as he wraps his arms around her. She kisses him hungrily before pulling away, “Take me to bed, Happy. Now.” she whispers.

Happy looks at her and nods before he picks her up and carries her all the way upstairs, where they have slow, sensual sex together.